Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pat Robertson: non-religious children should be beaten
Pat Robertson: non-religious children should be beaten
This one is old too, but . . . American Xtianity's more visible nut-job just spewing more idiocy.  Why does this guy still have a following?  

Wacky

To be fair, the article is placing a negative spin - it implies that Robertson is saying that children should be beaten UNTIL they believe.
(My mother would heartily agree with this.)  It's not.  Robertson is saying that a child should be beaten until they are respectful of Christian
beliefs.   That's not very much of a change, in my opinion.  This guy is just . . . insane.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/01/05/...efs-video/
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
RE: Pat Robertson: non-religious children should be beaten
Dear Pat Robertson,

Fuck you.

You fucking cunt.

Sincerely,
sane people
That fart is long over the sell-by date. The problem will be solved by biology pretty soon.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I wonder why these fuckers live so long.
(September 6, 2015 at 1:58 pm)LastPoet Wrote: I wonder why these fuckers live so long.

They can afford the best insurance, as opposed to more decent Americans.

But going by the old saying Whom the gods love die young, it doesn't look good for Pat.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(September 6, 2015 at 1:48 pm)drfuzzy Wrote:  Why does this guy still have a following?  

Because there are too many idiots out there, that are just like him, that keep giving him money. Beat your kid for jeebus.. I'm sure that won't scar the child at all, and definitely won't make the child hate christianity and their parents even more. Great advice Pat.

I fucking hate that guy..
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
(September 6, 2015 at 1:58 pm)LastPoet Wrote: I wonder why these fuckers live so long.

Methuselah was 969.  Imagine what a prick he was.
(September 6, 2015 at 1:57 pm)abaris Wrote: That fart is long over the sell-by date. The problem will be solved by biology pretty soon.

The world will be much better off without him spewing his crap; I feel bad for devaluing someone's life, but he has caused a lot of damage and will likely continue to do so until he's in the grave.
Depends on the kid.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

It reminds me of when I told my dad I don't understand what he's going on about, and he says "If I take a belt to your ass, would you understand then?". Adults put too much emphasis on absolute obedience towards kids, which is where this idea of beatng them comes from. Granted some kids just won't listen until they get hurt doing something, and hitting them with something might hurt them less than how they'd otherwise get hurt.

Theology is a deep philosophical concept that has few if any easy answers. It's beyond some adult's ability to understand, much less children, so just explaining it rationally, so just talking about it isn't an easy option. That's probably why simple obedience is commanded so much. You don't have to understand. You just have to obey.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Man claims to hunt non-binaries Ferrocyanide 10 1219 April 6, 2022 at 8:47 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Religious groups in UK failing children over sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 1132 September 2, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Church of England 'failed to protect children from sexual abusers' zebo-the-fat 25 1974 October 8, 2020 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: no one
  Telling children that they are going to hell is abusive? Fake Messiah 104 9130 February 9, 2020 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2551 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [Serious] fact finding mission for non-Christians tackattack 52 4286 March 7, 2019 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Do Christian Parents Abuse their Children? Bow Before Zeus 177 27278 November 29, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3544 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Protection for Children The Valkyrie 0 835 August 24, 2017 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Vatican Children's Hospital showcasing something besides excellence in child care vorlon13 14 3447 July 19, 2017 at 1:49 am
Last Post: vorlon13