Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question about the mafia sub-forum
I've been wondering, since you have to belong to a group to participate in the mafia sub-forum, why those threads show up when I click "Today's Posts." I don't remember any A69 threads showing up until after I joined that group. Am I in the mafia group by default? And, if so, is there any way to be removed from that group?
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
RE: A question about the mafia sub-forum
It's different. We don't allow people to read A69 if they aren't subscribed. We don't allow posting in Mafia subs unless you're subscribed, but we do allow reading.
What is the mafia junk anyway? I never read it so I don't know.
(September 9, 2015 at 3:19 pm)KUSA Wrote: What is the mafia junk anyway? I never read it so I don't know.

It's a game.  Basically, there's, say, 10 of you, and there's a team of 3 bad guys.  The bad guys know who each other are and can talk to each other but the good guys don't know.  Every "day", all the people can vote someone off, and every "night" the bad guys can get together and get rid of a good guy.  You try to get rid of the other side before they get rid of your side.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(September 9, 2015 at 3:19 pm)KUSA Wrote: What is the mafia junk anyway? I never read it so I don't know.

It's awesome.

Come play with us!
We need more souls, er, victimes, er...players!  Yeah. Players. Big Grin
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
That video scares me.
(September 9, 2015 at 12:12 am)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote: I've been wondering, since you have to belong to a group to participate in the mafia sub-forum, why those threads show up when I click "Today's Posts." I don't remember any A69 threads showing up until after I joined that group. Am I in the mafia group by default? And, if so, is there any way to be removed from that group?

Well you should come try your hand at some mafia. It's a lot of fun!  Big Grin
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(September 9, 2015 at 12:30 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: It's different. We don't allow people to read A69 if they aren't subscribed. We don't allow posting in Mafia subs unless you're subscribed, but we do allow reading.

Cool. Thanks CD. Mostly I was just curious why I kept seeing these threads from a sub-forum I wasn't subscribed to. Since it's read-only unless you're subscribed, I'll just continue to skip over the threads.

(September 9, 2015 at 5:43 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Well you should come try your hand at some mafia. It's a lot of fun!  Big Grin

Meh. I've watched my daughter play an animated version of it, but it just doesn't seem like my cuppa tea. I'm more a real time strategy (video) or RPG (video or pen/paper) player. Or, spades, when I can find other players.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(September 9, 2015 at 3:44 pm)Aroura Wrote:

It's awesome.

Come play with us!
We need more souls, er, victimes, er...players!  Yeah. Players. Big Grin

I remember twins that look just like those twins on a Disney show. Apparently they turned out to be quadruplets.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sub forum suggestion Joods 2 973 July 15, 2018 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Question about latest forum rule Catholic_Lady 29 4731 November 14, 2017 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Mafia permissions Aroura 2 780 April 29, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Mafia game threads showing in "Today's Posts" lists Ravenshire 18 6613 February 5, 2017 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  "Forum team" groups question. Edwardo Piet 21 3987 March 8, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Suggestion: Birthday thread/Sub-forum Iroscato 20 3476 September 11, 2015 at 5:33 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Kudos in the Mafia sub-forum (Poll) Napoléon 3 1669 May 24, 2015 at 11:38 am
Last Post: emjay
  Can't post in Mafia thread Aroura 3 1464 April 23, 2015 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Sub forum idea BrokenQuill92 5 1663 March 19, 2014 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Cinjin
  Forum logon question zebo-the-fat 4 1399 March 8, 2014 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Tiberius