Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:15 am

Poll: Does this music give you chills?
This poll is closed.
Yes, I grew up with SF2
45.45%
5 45.45%
Yes, Ryu is an icon
18.18%
2 18.18%
Yes, I got into SF later
0%
0 0%
Yes, I am obsessed with SF
18.18%
2 18.18%
Yes, although I've not heard it before
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this music give you chills?
Does this music give you chills?
This is one of my favourite pieces of gaming music. Does it give you chills like it does for me? If so, why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO7JEqIPQv0

You can choose more than one option:

1) Yes, I grew up playing SF2.

2) Yes, Ryu is one of the most iconic characters ever.

3) Yes, I got into the SF series later on.

4) Yes, I'm obsessed with SF and I have trouble thinking about much else.

5) Yes, I've not heard this before but it's amazing music which now gives me chills.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Does this music give you chills?
What about, I don't like arcade brawlers, and I have heard better music in MK
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I'm noting a distressing lack of options in the poll choices...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Yeah, I'm being hilarious Tongue

I voted 1, 2 and 4.

Street Fighter 5 is coming out soon! For playstation 4. Which I don't have. Bastard!
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Rob has been indoctrinated by SF2 as a child!
He cannot fathom how anyone can not love it unconditionally!

For SF2 is the one true game!
Rob, are you anti-tekken? I thought that was the one true game?
How many frikkin one true games are there?
Rob, how do you know that you have invested in the correct one true game?
Is it because ...just because?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I see I'm among some very stone hearted non believers here... Huh

SF2 is the one true game, there is no debate about that. Where else did the universe come from?

I do love Tekken too! I played it all the way up to Tekken 5, feverishly. I got sick of the series as it moved beyond this as it got way too obsessed with juggle combos.

Index of my best videos
I've played my fair share of Street Fighter, but the later versions were better, IMO.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Oh sure, I'm not saying SF2 was definitive. It was however one of the games most astoundingly ahead of its time ever!

I love the later versions too. I just have a special feeling about it because it's where it all began for me.

Index of my best videos
All that early game music pulls on the heart strings.

Don't want to stomp on your thread, but gotta do this.  I almost cry every time I hear it, not only because of the game theme, but also remembering my life at the time, and remembering playing the whole game through with my daughter:

(September 23, 2015 at 10:29 am)bennyboy Wrote: All that early game music pulls on the heart strings.

Don't want to stomp on your thread, but gotta do this.  I almost cry every time I hear it, not only because of the game theme, but also remembering my life at the time, and remembering playing the whole game through with my daughter:

If I could give 100 kudos for this I would.  I recently just downloaded this for my phone.  I can play this game over and over. By far the best FF ever created (FF6 is second)
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does this music give you chills? robvalue 5 918 September 23, 2015 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: robvalue
Question Favourite Videogame Music? Walking Void 7 1540 August 9, 2013 at 4:18 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  This music cures cancer Something completely different 0 762 June 2, 2013 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Something completely different
  Great music in games Kayenneh 124 38794 August 26, 2012 at 12:57 am
Last Post: System of Solace