Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Feuerstein goes on TV and gets roasted.
Josh Feuerstein goes on TV and gets roasted.
Well I don't know how many of you have seen Josh Feuerstein, the YouTube pastor who spends a lot of his time ranting about atheists and evolution, homosexuals and hell, and sundry other idiocies (and gets taken to task by the atheists he tries to engage on YouTube), but he recently went on the CBS daytime TV show The Doctors, and was embarrassingly shut down by the hosts, and booed by the audience.

The video is about 2/3rds the way down the article. Totally worth a watch!

http://aattp.org/watch-pastors-gender-ra...ors-video/
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

RE: Josh Feuerstein goes on TV and gets roasted.
Eeee, I haven't watched it yet and I'm already cringing. My empathetic embarrassment is too sensitive...

Ah, I'll watch it anyway, that guy's a turd. Big Grin
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I burst out laughing just after reading the title of this thread.

Good lord Josh, you're an imbecile Big Grin
Yeah, I'm only too familiar with Feuerstein. I'll have to watch the video when I'm in wifi, but I'm pre-emptively applauding the twat getting shot down.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
First time I ever heard of him. Only hope (pray?) it's the last.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I've seen Josh in the Armored Skeptic videos. Recently he complained about a guy letting his son pick an Ariel (little mermaid) doll instead of something more traditionally male oriented, and decided to train his kids how to use a pistol as an example of what he thinks is a good idea for little kids to do. The guy is a nut.

Funnily enough I didn't know the linked video would be about the issue with the doll.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

He didn't exactly get owned.

There was such ample opportunity for owning that asshat, but no one took it.

The Ariel doll guy is pretty classy, though.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(September 27, 2015 at 1:08 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I've seen Josh in the Armored Skeptic videos. Recently he complained about a guy letting his son pick an Ariel (little mermaid) doll instead of something more traditionally male oriented, and decided to train his kids how to use a pistol as an example of what he thinks is a good idea for little kids to do. The guy is a nut.

Funnily enough I didn't know the linked video would be about the issue with the doll.

Yeah I saw that video of him with his kids and the gun.

The "dead-eyed" look of the son, who had obviously been pulled hard by his leash by that overbearing psychopath of a dad, terrifies me. Truly. The damage religion does to young minds... Sad

As far as him not being "owned" by the Doctors, I think they're well aware that much of their TV audience will be Christian housewives stuck at home in the midweek afternoons, and aren't looking to alienate anyone. Religion, as we well know, must be treated with kid gloves even while being struck down in arguments. Angry

(Otherwise the headline would have been about the anti-Christian atheist Doctors.)
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

The crazy thing about Ariel was that she's the first Disney princess that's actually interesting. What were the ones before her? Aurora, and Snow White. Half the movie or so, they're asleep. Everything else is about what goes on around them. Ariel is alive, and worth watching on her own. It's the kind of woman a man should actually want to be around. Is it so surprising a boy might like Ariel?

I feel bad for Josh's kids. They don't look like they're excited to go out to the shooting range, and they shouldn't be.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Not at all.

I loved The Little Mermaid when I was a kid. The music alone makes it awesome. The message...not so much, but I was a huge Sebastian fan, rather than Ariel. Undah da Sea!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 6582 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Josh McDowell and the "atheistic" Internet Jehanne 43 6084 February 8, 2018 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Washington Post Tries To Help Out Creatards and Ken Ham goes ballistic. Minimalist 12 3032 January 1, 2017 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Does Calvinism make the most sense as far as Christianity Goes? The Batlord 63 16835 August 16, 2015 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Hannity gets served by an atheist... and his own stupidity Regina 73 10861 June 23, 2015 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  'Drich, which of the millions of different christian denominations goes to Heaven?' Drich 208 38196 January 23, 2015 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  The Rapture gets a reboot Cyberman 18 3972 February 21, 2014 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The Most Repulsive Xtian Fundie Award Goes To... Godlesspanther 24 6955 December 19, 2013 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: ronedee
  Oldest known Bible goes online KichigaiNeko 29 8725 June 17, 2013 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope gets Twitter account. Brian37 4 1784 December 16, 2012 at 6:23 am
Last Post: Dee Dee Ramone