Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Most Repulsive Xtian Fundie Award Goes To...
The Most Repulsive Xtian Fundie Award Goes To...
Christian evangelical fundamentalist leaders in the country that I live in are bent on being the most vile, offensive, dishonest, and repugnant people they can possibly be. Who is the worst person in the world?

In my humble opinion, this award goes to Ken Ham, leader of the sick, twisted, fucked-up, hate cult -- Answers in Genesis.

Is AIG a cult?

Let's take a look at a cult test from an Internet site called "The Orange Papers."

http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult_q0.html

Orange lists 100 criteria for mind-control cults. I have read his commentary on each one and compared those criteria to Answers in Genesis and its leader, Ken Ham, and found that AIG is, no doubt, a very dangerous mind-control cult. A majority of the criteria fit AIG to a T.

Evangelical xtianity as a whole can be described as a conglomeration of mind-control cults. I will not say that AIG is more dangerous than Christian Identity or the KKK -- but they come damn close.

Which fundie Christian cult do you think is the worst of the worst?
A mind is a terrible thing to waste -- don't pollute it with bullshit.
RE: The Most Repulsive Xtian Fundie Award Goes To...
The WBC is probably the most famous, but I recently heard they aren't accepting new people from outside the family. Hopefully they won't be around for long. AIG is certainly out there, since they play themselves up as in informative, scientific source. I don't know much about them, though.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I'm going to go with the quite repulsive Peter popoff. Offering religion to people with psychological needs is one thing. Using it to give false hope to sick people, for money, is a whole other level of fucked up.

And James Randi fucked him up but GOOD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNl52deO...ata_player
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Another reason to hate religion! Yaiiii!
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(December 17, 2013 at 4:02 pm)Chad32 Wrote: AIG is certainly out there, since they play themselves up as in informative, scientific source.

Cue the video clip where Ken Ham tells kids not to listen to scientists.
Or maybe he doesn't use the word scientific, but he certainly believes there's more truth in his site than in the mainstream scientific community.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Ken Ham is repulsive, but not nearly as repulsive of Fred Phelps and the WBC cult. But to me it's a toss up between Phelps and Warren Jeffs, leader of the FLDS cult where he "married" himself to many underage girls. He had them all so brainwashed that they would do anything for him, including sexual favors. Right now I'm guessing the shoe is on the other foot and he's doing sexual favors for his cell mates.

Of course we can't forget Jim Jones and having his followers in Jonestown literally drink the Kool Aid, but you are probably talking about current living fundies.

I'm sure I could come up with a few other candidates, but just thinking about them makes my stomach turn.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(December 17, 2013 at 4:36 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Ken Ham is repulsive, but not nearly as repulsive of Fred Phelps and the WBC cult. But to me it's a toss up between Phelps and Warren Jeffs, leader of the FLDS cult where he "married" himself to many underage girls. He had them all so brainwashed that they would do anything for him, including sexual favors. Right now I'm guessing the shoe is on the other foot and he's doing sexual favors for his cell mates.

Of course we can't forget Jim Jones and having his followers in Jonestown literally drink the Kool Aid, but you are probably talking about current living fundies.

I'm sure I could come up with a few other candidates, but just thinking about them makes my stomach turn.

I hadn't thought about expanding it to include the dead ones -- in that case, I would have to go with Jim Jones.

Then I think -- what if, just what if, Ham decided that his followers ought to kill themselves. I have no doubt that a portion of them would actually do just that.

Answers in Genesis fits all but a very few of the 100 criteria on the orange papers cult test. I really don't think that AIG fits:

94. The use of heavy-duty mind control and rapid conversion techniques.
-- sleep deprivation
-- malnutrition
-- drugs

I don't think that AIG uses these tactics.

95. Threats of bodily harm or death to someone who leaves the cult.

Have not heard of that.

96. Threats of bodily harm or death to someone who criticizes the group.

Nor that.

97. Appropriation of all of the members' worldly wealth.

AIG is a greedy, money-hungry, and obscenely wealthy group, but they, as far as I know, have not asked for every single penny from their followers.

99. Total immersion and total isolation.

This is a practice among compound-style cults like the WBC and Church Universal and Triumphant. AIG is not one.

100. Mass suicide.

Not likely for AIG.

I put AIG at 94/100 on the cult test. From Agent Orange:

"So what's a passing score? That's a good question. Considering just how nasty all of the characteristics in that list are, I'd consider any group that scored 50% or more as both obnoxious and dangerous."

AIG is no doubt and with room to spare an extremely dangerous mind-control cult.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste -- don't pollute it with bullshit.
Bryan Fischer definitely deserves a vote or two.
THere are so many.

I loathe Ken Ham and Ray Comfort, but I hate faith healers and their ilk even more.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 6593 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  7 Pious Xtian Shits Who Stepped On Their Own Dicks Minimalist 0 882 October 12, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Kind of Shit Xtian Fucktards Teach Minimalist 12 2621 June 9, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is there room for a xtian section in an atheist forum? Bow Before Zeus 70 9638 December 6, 2017 at 4:04 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  What xtian hymns sound like to an atheist drfuzzy 30 7912 September 22, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Here's A Xtian I'll Tip My Hat To Minimalist 0 842 April 9, 2017 at 8:04 pm
  I'm Tired of Xtian Shits With Their Silly Fairy Tales. Minimalist 2 1079 March 9, 2017 at 10:09 pm
  Washington Post Tries To Help Out Creatards and Ken Ham goes ballistic. Minimalist 12 3040 January 1, 2017 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Why are the "laws" of physics so different as conceived by many xtian fundamentalist? Whateverist 22 4892 November 13, 2016 at 1:35 am
Last Post: Funky_Gibbon
  a theory about modern xtian deconversion drfuzzy 14 2888 April 29, 2016 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Godscreated