Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rapture gets a reboot
The Rapture gets a reboot
At least they're leaving behind Cap'n Kirk Cameron - but Nicolas Cage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88qKlry88iw

"I feel movies are best left enigmatic, left raising more questions than answers."

I agree. "Why?" springs to mind.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: The Rapture gets a reboot
Well, its a clever marketing scheme. Is this real Stimbs?
'Fraid so. It's in post-production, because even God's Plan™ needs editing and music.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
One would think the absolute Truth™ wouldn't need movies... Dodgy
Are you fucking serious? They've made 4 films based on that series of insipid books?
Nic Cage is the worst definition of 'whore' as far as Hollywood goes.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
They made a bunch of movies based on the 2012 Mayan calendar thing. Movies are a great way to take a fresh look at old myths and legends and other ridiculous horseshit that ancient people thought was real.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(February 20, 2014 at 2:21 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Nic Cage is the worst definition of 'whore' as far as Hollywood goes.

Then he is perfect for the role.
I might have mentioned before how Sam and I used to visit a local church on occasion which was used by a volunteer project to distribute food donated by supermarkets. It got to the point where they would allow everyone inside to wait their turn and would use a latop and projector to 'entertain' us with inspirational videos. It was the moment I saw Cameron's name on screen and realised it was one of those films that I walked out and left them behind.
I'm glad to hear this. Nicholas Cage has been the fucking kiss of death when it comes to remakes. Two films I love (Wings of Desire and The Wicker Man) were ghastly travesties as American remakes. Common denominator? That's right: good ol' Nick! Perhaps Cage's involvement in this latest farce will prove so bad that even Bible-thumpers throw up in their mouths when they see it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rapture on another planet Fake Messiah 16 3242 July 19, 2018 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  2011 post from Facebook regarding 2012 "rapture" Foxaèr 1 568 May 23, 2018 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Rapture October 7th, 2015 JesusHChrist 171 27382 October 19, 2015 at 6:13 am
Last Post: SofaKingHigh
  Rapture September 2015 TubbyTubby 706 124371 October 1, 2015 at 6:58 am
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  Josh Feuerstein goes on TV and gets roasted. TheRocketSurgeon 28 6494 September 27, 2015 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Rapture report dyresand 58 9081 September 25, 2015 at 4:46 am
Last Post: Randy Carson
  How will you spend your last four days on earth? Rapture and end days, oh my! Whateverist 40 7249 September 21, 2015 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Rapture news thread 15th - 22nd dyresand 63 10365 September 19, 2015 at 4:52 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Questions About the Rapture Jenny A 72 24818 September 16, 2015 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Hannity gets served by an atheist... and his own stupidity Regina 73 10895 June 23, 2015 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus