Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:54 pm

Poll: Does your country celebrate Halloween?
This poll is closed.
Yes
100.00%
9 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
I'm horrified you celebrate a day of the dead
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Spooky, Scary" thread
The "Spooky, Scary" thread
In good fun, since October here in the states is celebrated by all things eerie, scary, weird, and the like.. I thought we could all sit around a campfire and tell our scariest stories. They can be true stories, news stories, viral stories, regional lore, or even made up! Just so long as you say whether your story is true or not at the end (so as not to horrify the children, or me). 

Have fun!
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
RE: The "Spooky, Scary" thread
Erm...what am I answering 'yes' or 'no' to?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 30, 2015 at 3:09 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Erm...what am I answering 'yes' or 'no' to?

Boru

apparently, the question reads, "Does your country celebrate Halloween?"
(September 30, 2015 at 3:09 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Erm...what am I answering 'yes' or 'no' to?

Boru

I can't believe I'm having to say this to you, but, be a good chap and keep up, yeah?

Luckie

If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: The+Russian+Sleep+Experiment.jpg]

Russian researchers in the late 1940s kept five people awake for fifteen days using an experimental gas based stimulant. They were kept in a sealed environment to carefully monitor their oxygen intake so the gas didn't kill them, since it was toxic in high concentrations. This was before closed circuit cameras so they had only microphones and 5 inch thick glass porthole sized windows into the chamber to monitor them. The chamber was stocked with books, cots to sleep on but no bedding, running water and toilet, and enough dried food to last all five for over a month.

Knock, knock

Who's there ???

Vorlon
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Luckie, I can't believe they haven't made a movie of that yet! Just goes to show that truth is stranger than fiction...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(September 30, 2015 at 4:51 pm)Luckie Wrote: [Image: The+Russian+Sleep+Experiment.jpg]

Russian researchers in the late 1940s kept five people awake for fifteen days using an experimental gas based stimulant. They were kept in a sealed environment to carefully monitor their oxygen intake so the gas didn't kill them, since it was toxic in high concentrations. This was before closed circuit cameras so they had only microphones and 5 inch thick glass porthole sized windows into the chamber to monitor them. The chamber was stocked with books, cots to sleep on but no bedding, running water and toilet, and enough dried food to last all five for over a month.

LAME!!!!!
OK, what is Losty doing to my posts ??

How did that happen ?

Are you guys gaslighting me here ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

True story...

Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One sentence scary stories Foxaèr 25 1289 August 16, 2023 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4144 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  He, he...the new AF background looks scary! Jehanne 11 996 September 29, 2018 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  One Scary Samoan BrianSoddingBoru4 10 598 January 23, 2017 at 2:09 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Amazon is scary. Reforged 13 1999 September 25, 2015 at 6:27 am
Last Post: Reforged
  Scary Times on AF ElDinero 5 1736 October 19, 2011 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: Handprint