Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
what will your funeral music be?
what will your funeral music be?
When I go, I want what is termed round here a " woodland burial " which involves being planted in a local parkland area with a simple tree/bush to mark the spot. I like the idea of my remains fertilising the soil and ushering in new plant life. Another advantage is it is cheaper than your traditional funeral! ( more dosh left for the kids ).
I would currently choose Beethoven to kick the gig off with the 2nd movement, the slow bit, of the Emperor piano concerto...totally sublime!
That lasts about 7 minutes, so the throng won't get too bored, hopefully.
Having duly planted me and done whatever, the mood would change with the playing of " Some Kind Of Wonderful " by the Soul Brothers Six, one of the best uptempo soul classics to send them all off to the wake in an upbeat frame of mind!
What'll yours be like??
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
RE: what will your funeral music be?
During my cremation: The Doors - Light my fire.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(December 7, 2008 at 7:47 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: During my cremation: The Doors - Light my fire.

Leo, " Burn Baby Burn " ( Hudson Ford ) is a popular one here I believe!
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
I don't think I know that one. I chose The Doors as using "Light my fire" on my cremation sort of reflects on my kind of humour and bring some levity in the ceremony.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Somehow I don't think I'll be planning my funeral anything but I would hope my loved ones honour my memeory by playing music I (then) used to like and that perhaps had some meaning to me ... I doubt any of it would be rock or metal though.

Kyu
Probably one of these three songs:

Bad Religion - No Direction
Politikal Relidjion (my former band) - Addicted to the truth
Monza - Van God los.
dog·ma
n. pl. dog·mas or dog·ma·ta (-mə-tə)
1. A doctrine or a corpus of doctrines relating to matters such as morality and faith, set forth in an authoritative manner by a church.
Well So far, either: Halcyon On and On by Orbital, Are We Here? By Orbital. Or perhaps the best choice in such a situation for me would be: One Perfect Sunrise by Orbital.
If not them then probably Madness and Me from the album Madness and Me - by Long Range. Or Haven't we met before? By Paul Hartnoll
Or maybe Chime,
By OrbitalTongue
If not the Hartnoll brothers then it would have to be some very amazing music that completely inspires me at some point in the years to come. I can't conceive as it surpassing Orbital/Long Range/Paul Hartnoll though.
Orbital are doing a get together on the anniversary of it being 20 years since their first hit Chime. To headline the Big Chill in august next year. The tickets started a few days ago.
I just hope I can afford it!!!
I really really want to go.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What kind of music? MR. Macabre 666 62 3241 October 30, 2023 at 3:21 am
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  Funeral or reveal party? c172 57 7292 August 14, 2023 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Boru’s Insanely, Absurdly Easy Music Quiz BrianSoddingBoru4 10 570 November 7, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why I Hate Music Critics BrianSoddingBoru4 2 715 January 19, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: no one
  Christmas Music!! BrianSoddingBoru4 29 2472 December 22, 2019 at 9:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Music Hey guys what type of music do you like? I believe in Harry Potter 35 3120 November 16, 2019 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Alex K
  What would you play at your funeral Amarok 38 3099 December 17, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Chas
  Days of the Week Music Thread brewer 7 1131 May 29, 2016 at 12:14 am
Last Post: c172
  Music Thread ErGingerbreadMandude 13 2115 August 28, 2015 at 6:42 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Best Music Videos Roxy904 23 2746 January 31, 2015 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: c172