Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cartoons: propaganda versus the giant gorilla
Cartoons: propaganda versus the giant gorilla
Two political cartoons that illustrate the state of published religious propaganda versus the truth we encounter as we deal with Christians in the real world every day.

The propaganda:
[Image: 2vhxe6x.jpg]

And...
[Image: 22021g.jpg]

Actually, that wording isn't accurate to the situation and the real situation is actually worth discussing.

The first image was published today, word through the political insiders grapevine is that those two guys that were beaten, one to death, in upstate new York were attacked during a "gay conversion" therapy session, at least that's the rumor. apparently this hasn't hit the press yet but the southern Baptists lobbies like the Christian coalition are getting out ahead of, if not the news than at least the rumor, by portraying their gay conversions in as positive a light as possible and condemning ahead of time the point of view of their critics.

Like I said though that's just a rumor, it may be that because of the two victims both being male that the rumor of a gay conversion gone wrong may just be presumption on the part of some, I for one thought that it was just a tiny cultish church who's leaders were desperate to gain, not loose followers and the two brothers just made the mistake of telling them they were leaving for a more mainstream church. but I'm just guessing that based on what I've read, like I said, the rumor is the former. thoughts?
[Image: jha7gg.jpg]
RE: Cartoons: propaganda versus the giant gorilla
It's possible that the boys were gay.  The older of the two was beaten to death by his own parents.  Christopher, the younger, supposedly still survives?  Perhaps he will wake up and give us the details.

It's not unlikely that people of this ilk would kill a gay son.  But they could have also caught him masturbating.  He could have talked back to them.  He could have expressed doubt in some of their "christian" teaching.  What I'm reading in the news reports isn't offering enough information yet to know what the brothers "crime" was.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(October 16, 2015 at 1:53 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: It's possible that the boys were gay.  The older of the two was beaten to death by his own parents.  Christopher, the younger, supposedly still survives?  Perhaps he will wake up and give us the details.

It's not unlikely that people of this ilk would kill a gay son.  But they could have also caught him masturbating.  He could have talked back to them.  He could have expressed doubt in some of their "christian" teaching.  What I'm reading in the news reports isn't offering enough information yet to know what the brothers "crime" was.

GOT IT!

I had to dig around because it appears the mainstream press has dropped this story like a hot lava rock because the Christian coalition is as eager to make this go away as they are to have Hollywood make a dozen sequels to kiss of the spider woman, but it turns out the rumor that it was a gay conversion gone wrong is the story THEY WOULD ACTUALLY PREFER!

It was just as I feared, they did just try to leave the church, I knew it because I've seen little churches just like that one when I was a kid in the southland, I just know how they are. check it out, I had to dig this out of the internet because as I said, the mainstream press has dropped it fast.

http://www.wcax.com/story/30278156/the-l...ave-church

The Latest: Hearing postponed for 2 in church beating case
Posted: Oct 16, 2015 8:59 AM MST Updated: Oct 16, 2015 10:55 AM MST
Significant quotes:

Nineteen-year-old Lucas Leonard died and his 17-year-old brother, Christopher, was seriously injured after both were beaten for hours at the Word of Life Christian Church.

Parents Bruce and Deborah Leonard have been charged with manslaughter. The Moreys, the teens' sister, Sarah Ferguson, and Joseph Irwin have been charged with assault.

Church members have told police that a counseling session that escalated into a fatal beating of a teenager began as a discussion of his desire to leave the upstate New York congregation.
beaten to death by their own parents because they wanted to leave the church   > smh <
Not that they rejected christian beliefs, they just wanted to branch out.  Poor guys.
And people say religion does no harm.   This hits a little close to home for me.

Thanks Deepthunk, for digging up more of the story.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(October 16, 2015 at 2:09 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: beaten to death by their own parents because they wanted to leave the church   > smh <
Not that they rejected christian beliefs, they just wanted to branch out.  Poor guys.
And people say religion does no harm.   This hits a little close to home for me.

Thanks Deepthunk, for digging up more of the story.

yeah it's just that, there's no report on whether they wanted to leave the entire religion or just that church, but when I was twelve I got hit in the head with a bottle for being the only kid in that town that didn't believe in religion so given the level of violence they displayed it seems as though its more likely they were questioning their parents religious beliefs as a whole and that's what caused the explosion of violence.

though it is possible they did just want to change churches, as I pointed out before those small churches are desperate not too loose followers because their so small that every donated dollar counts. The pastor may have been looking forward too and counting on the days those two kids would get jobs and start donating, and therefor lit the fire and/or fanned the flames of rage at the them leaving. I note that as is so often the case with these kinds of incidents that the family has been charged but the church leaders have not.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scientific knowledge versus spiritual knowledge LadyForCamus 471 67586 February 17, 2016 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Jerry Coyne's new book: Faith Versus Fact Mudhammam 17 5921 August 13, 2015 at 12:22 am
Last Post: smsavage32
  Atheism is a NWO propaganda agenda greekGod 51 8629 August 21, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Elskidor
  One Small Step For Life, One Giant Leap For Understanding LivingNumbers6.626 6 3401 July 28, 2014 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  Christian Propaganda Concerning Atheists thesummerqueen 40 15309 December 5, 2012 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Aegrus
  determinism versus indeterminism josef rosenkranz 49 28776 January 15, 2009 at 7:58 am
Last Post: peregrine
  Atheism versus Destiny josef rosenkranz 2 5013 September 7, 2008 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: Jason Jarred