Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul the Human's awesome sig.
Paul the Human's awesome sig.
I recently discovered how Paul the Human, a member of these very forums has such an awesome forum signature.

"Humanity is overrated" is a quote from House from House M.D: No wonder it's so epic in merely a few words in text to be agreed as epic by at least a handful of forum members!

P.S: House rocks.

EvF
RE: Paul the Human's awesome sig.
Dodgy
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
I didn't know that was a 'House' quote! I watch the show every week, but I honestly didn't know I was quoting him. 'Humanity is overrated' is just a line that sprung to mind for a signature based on my posting name. Same for the avatar. They kind of all happened at once.

P.S. I agree. House rocks.
Agreed.. House does rock.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
[Image: 1242802687_housevsgod.gif]
Don't like "House M.D." Tried to watch it once. Seemed too predictable.

Look a sick person! What's wrong with her?
I dunno. Let's call House.
Hmmm... (poke poke prod prod) run some tests!
Tests are not conclusive OMG what do we do?
Let's do this and that.
NO! We can't do that! It's unorthodox!
Do it! And did I mention I'm crippled?
OMG! She's gonna die!
Maybe not if we do this! I can heal her but I can't heal myself!
SHE'S ALIVE!! Yay!!
Grumble grumble.. Everybody else gets healed why cant I? It's not fair I can't heal myself.

Repeat again next episode.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
I actually read an article about the inexplicable popularity of the show 'House'. We all know the formula... it's the same every week. You can look at the clock and/or count the diagnosis to determine if they are right this time or not and it's pretty reliably the same every week. Even though the show's audience knows this and even jokes about it, they continue to watch the show loyally and love every minute of it. Something about it just works. Hugh Laurie might have something to do with that.
(May 22, 2010 at 10:33 am)Paul the Human Wrote: I actually read an article about the inexplicable popularity of the show 'House'. We all know the formula... it's the same every week. You can look at the clock and/or count the diagnosis to determine if they are right this time or not and it's pretty reliably the same every week. Even though the show's audience knows this and even jokes about it, they continue to watch the show loyally and love every minute of it. Something about it just works. Hugh Laurie might have something to do with that.

I think its because the house character is so different from the other characters.

Hes an areshole, he knows hes an arsehole and he dosent care who else knows it.

Unique

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Adrian perfect timing.. 3 on the board and three +1's in the posts.. awesome timing, I'll even take the slight against God Big Grin
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
If you think House is all about repeating medical mysteries, you haven't been watching the show properly. The numerous character development through constant backstories are the real focus of the show.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paul's visions in DUNE. Gawdzilla Sama 41 2429 June 20, 2023 at 7:39 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Paul Allen has died.. Jackalope 7 648 October 16, 2018 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Awesome names for baby boys and baby girls ErGingerbreadMandude 37 3657 February 14, 2018 at 2:40 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  The registering your one-name, Boru-esque sig thread Whateverist 119 6996 May 9, 2016 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Alex K
  I Like Evie's New Sig Rhondazvous 55 5417 January 30, 2016 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Christians, This is Why You Shouldn't Evangelize to Us - Another awesome TAV video IanHulett 10 2580 August 10, 2015 at 4:16 am
Last Post: abaris
  Forum Game: You're awesome! Jericho 21 2836 May 17, 2015 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  Reasons Dave Grohl is Awesome Cinjin 14 5342 April 29, 2014 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Awesome and beautiful apartment abandoned for 70s discovered almost untouched Ryantology 10 3523 February 3, 2014 at 2:51 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Awesome videogame instrumental covers Cyberman 1 949 February 2, 2014 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: pocaracas