Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello all I am new at the forums
Hello all I am new at the forums
Hi all, I just wanted to introduce myself. I am not much for labels I would consider myself
a theological noncognitivist or possibly an agnostic atheist depending on how you define the terms. At this present time I have not been provided with sufficient evidence to believe there is any sort of god, however I am not sure I actually understand the term god. Well hopefully there will be plenty of people available to chat with and have some good discussion about theological matters.
RE: Hello all I am new at the forums
Quote:At this present time I have not been provided with sufficient evidence to believe there is any sort of god,

Welcome aboard....but don't hold your breath waiting.  Whenever our resident theists are asked for evidence they start blabbering about their own brain farts. It's never convincing.
(October 20, 2015 at 5:03 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:At this present time I have not been provided with sufficient evidence to believe there is any sort of god,

Welcome aboard....but don't hold your breath waiting.  Whenever our resident theists are asked for evidence they start blabbering about their own brain farts. It's never convincing.

Yes, please forgive our intellectual flatulence.  Smile

Welcome aboard!
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
Welcome!

Or perhaps you prefer...

(October 20, 2015 at 5:03 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

thank you for responding and I promise I will not hold my breath. "I would turn purple and pass out" LOL

(October 20, 2015 at 5:08 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Welcome!

Or perhaps you prefer...

I prefer lego world for sure. Thanks for the clever welcome.

(October 20, 2015 at 5:06 pm)lkingpinl Wrote:
(October 20, 2015 at 5:03 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Welcome aboard....but don't hold your breath waiting.  Whenever our resident theists are asked for evidence they start blabbering about their own brain farts. It's never convincing.

Yes, please forgive our intellectual flatulence.  Smile

Welcome aboard!

I think forgiveness is an admirable quality I will certainly do that.
The king is one of the better ones.  Wait until some of the others fart in your general direction before you commit yourself.
welcome
Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today   FSM Grin   Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you will join us And the world will be as one  - John Lennon

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also  - Mark Twain
Welcome!

Well, what does "God" even mean... God only knows...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Welcome!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Welcome aboard.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello to all SimpleCaveman 52 3564 November 29, 2023 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: SimpleCaveman
  Hello y'all BillieBobbie 3 715 January 18, 2023 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Objectivist
  Ah hello? I don't know this is new to me FievelJ 24 2588 June 26, 2022 at 9:16 am
Last Post: brewer
  New here - hello! Orbit 16 1608 May 31, 2022 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hello... I'm New Here ABQ505 17 1633 November 18, 2021 at 11:15 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hello, I'm new here NecroTzar 20 2200 October 28, 2021 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hello I'm new mrunk1975 7 645 September 19, 2021 at 4:36 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New here...just sayin' Hello. Frank Apisa 15 1779 June 27, 2021 at 6:52 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Hello, I'm new here. FredTheLobster 15 1546 May 10, 2021 at 5:13 pm