Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why atheism
Why atheism
Because since most of you theists cannot simply understand why people are atheists here is a few reasons listed.

1. We have read the bible 
Well this on is self explanatory, reading the bible in whole  makes no sense the bible  is a self contradictory book.

2. god is all loving 
Clearly he isn't all loving  

3. Heaven and hell 

Eventually a eternity in both places will turn out the same. You will eventually get bored in paradise and
you will eventually get used to the torture and being burned in hell they both will end up the same. 

4. god(s)

There is no proof that he/she/it or they exists 

5. jesus

There is no proof of a biblical  or historical jesus. 

6. Mythology

I don't get why people take the bible literally if since none of that stuff happened. 
Not to mention the has a bunch of stolen mythology in it. I.E. jesus,  hell, heaven, god
noahs flood, etc.

7. christian love

Dodgy 

8. Religion is  packaged with terrible shit 
In the case of the United States religion and racism there is a positive linked to both.
http://www.bartduriez.com/documents/PDF/...sebaut.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have more but  i am too  tired to fellow atheists leave your reasons.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Why atheism
38 years of non-stop godless experiences.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
You're only two years older than me.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Two more years of evidence baby Big Grin
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
However, I mentally feel much older than I am physically, which is why I post sometimes as though I am a grumpy old man.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 20, 2015 at 11:47 pm)dyresand Wrote: Because since most of you theists cannot simply understand why people are atheists here is a few reasons listed.

1. We have read the bible 
Well this on is self explanatory, reading the bible in whole  makes no sense the bible  is a self contradictory book.

2. god is all loving 
Clearly he isn't all loving  

3. Heaven and hell 

Eventually a eternity in both places will turn out the same. You will eventually get bored in paradise and
you will eventually get used to the torture and being burned in hell they both will end up the same. 

4. god(s)

There is no proof that he/she/it or they exists 

5. jesus

There is no proof of a biblical  or historical jesus. 

6. Mythology

I don't get why people take the bible literally if since none of that stuff happened. 
Not to mention the bible has a bunch of stolen mythology in it. I.E. jesus,  hell, heaven, god
noahs flood, etc.

7. christian love

Dodgy 

8. Religion is  packaged with terrible shit 
In the case of the United States religion and racism there is a positive linked to both.
http://www.bartduriez.com/documents/PDF/...sebaut.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have more but  i am too  tired to fellow atheists leave your reasons.

fixed it
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(October 21, 2015 at 2:28 am)Kitan Wrote: However, I mentally feel much older than I am physically, which is why I post sometimes as though I am a grumpy old man.

My mother tells me, that I turned into a grumpy old man on my first day of school. I don't recall much before that point, but I'm inclined to believe her. 

Considering, that up until that point I was raised in relative (by which I mean - almost complete) isolation from other kids my age and beyond reach of public institutions, I believe the sudden realization of the magnitude of head-fuckery I was going to have to deal with for the rest of my life - that's what did it for me...

True story.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(October 20, 2015 at 11:47 pm)dyresand Wrote: 7. christian love

Dodgy 

I seriously LOLed at this one! I could not have said it better Big Grin
Because a perfect, infallible being sure does shit work.

Then again, I guess that's to be expected from an unlicensed contractor....
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
I think this describe it best
[Image: 2af27cd85c2fe5237ce8bbd1ea952e76.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Why Atheism is Incoherent & You Aren't as Smart as You Think You Are Seax 60 4681 March 19, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why are some moderate religious afraid of atheism? Der/die AtheistIn 38 5158 February 26, 2018 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Cod
  Why do religious people desperately want to class Atheism as a religion? TheMonster 75 19079 November 25, 2015 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Why, why, why? Little Rik 39 11494 June 14, 2013 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Why are Deists obsessed with Atheism? EGross 13 4000 March 19, 2013 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  Why Atheism instead of agnosticism of some sort Ervin 31 9342 November 10, 2010 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: Lethe