Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here. Hi everyone!
New here. Hi everyone!
Hi guys.  Mikazuki here.  I'm hoping as I have just joined these forums to connect with my fellow atheists, possibly make some new friends and maybe expand my social network a bit more.  

I classify myself as an agnostic atheist, a skeptic, a sci-fi and classic lit aficionado, a science and history buff and a gamer.  I have very strong stances against dogmatic ideologies of any sort including, but not limited to, feminism, religion(obviously) and certain political views.  Despite this, I am not one to disallow different points to be expressed to me as long as those asserting such views are prepared to hear the words "you're wrong".  

I hope to get to know the good, the great and perhaps the not so great among those who dwell on this forum.   Wink
RE: New here. Hi everyone!
Hey there, nice to meet you!

Thanks for sharing a little about yourself. You sound very similar to me Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Hello!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Hai c:
(October 25, 2015 at 3:18 am)Mikazuki Wrote: Hi guys.  Mikazuki here.  I'm hoping as I have just joined these forums to connect with my fellow atheists, possibly make some new friends and maybe expand my social network a bit more.  

I classify myself as an agnostic atheist, a skeptic, a sci-fi and classic lit aficionado, a science and history buff and a gamer.  I have very strong stances against dogmatic ideologies of any sort including, but not limited to, feminism, religion(obviously) and certain political views.  Despite this, I am not one to disallow different points to be expressed to me as long as those asserting such views are prepared to hear the words "you're wrong".  

I hope to get to know the good, the great and perhaps the not so great among those who dwell on this forum.   Wink

Hiya Mika. Good stuff to read, welcome aboard.

Welcome matey ...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Welcome.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
How-dy.
Glad to know you. You sound like our kind of people. We don't expect to agree with anyone, necessarily, but we do expect to bring your "A-Game" arguments, if you want to be respected as an intellectual, here. Simply asserting "I feel like" won't cut the mustard, as you'll quickly observe as we dissect fundamentalists of all stripes, here.

Welcome!
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Welcome new guy.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi everybody! New here (She/It) requiredfield 22 569 April 2, 2024 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New Here Nomistic 13 617 February 12, 2024 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  I'm new here Sigiere 14 992 May 24, 2023 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New here Rdougall 9 1264 January 27, 2023 at 1:39 pm