Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God's Name
God's Name
Atheists often ask, if there is a Creator, how do we know anything about him. How are we connected to him to the extent we can testify to traits or attributes of Him. How do we know he is worthy of worship.

Whatever the way we can know, that would be God's way of being identified with us humans. This Islamically is known as God's Name. According to Quran and hadiths, God's Name is a parable, and it's also been given the parable of God's face.

In reality the light of his face is what guides everything towards God. The name/face is so passed into the named, that Quran express that God himself is the light of the heavens and the earth.

The name "the living" is also connected to God in the sense all life is derived from him. Through his name, the truly blessed one in all blessings is God the light of all light. Through his name, all praise is to God. 

Through his name everything glorifies God to their capacity, but we don't perceive their glorification. 

This is also known the spirit of his command, be and it is, and the holy spirit is in the position of God's Name and face in it's perfection.

Consequently, his name/light of face is not a dead reality, but a living connection. 

It's through this connection, that people are set aright and become righteous. It's through his name, all beautiful titles belong to God. It's through his name, through which things are given light and given enlightenment.

Through the power of his name, the darkness is subdued and the devils defeated.

It's also through his name, that evil is evil, and get's it's negative reality from it's opposition to God's Name and face.

It's also through his name that guidance is achieved, which is light with light, and light above all light, and light that unites all light.

It's through his name the Quran becomes recognized to be without doubt from God the Lord of the worlds.

His name/light of his face is a reality that the Quran and hadiths emphasize on. In Quran there is 117 verses about God's Name that emphasize deep spiritual insights about it, 113 of them beginning the Surahs of Quran.

God's Name in it's simplicity is a connection towards God, in it's complexity is the very reality of life itself, the blessed water and light in all things and it's the all encompassing true reason/logic.

It's also been expressed as "the word of his light", "the word of God".

When we begin to listen with our hearts sincerely and look towards the true kingdom, we will hear the light and see his word.

Now from an agnostic atheist viewpoint, why limit agnosticism towards God? Why not say you are unaware what his name/face is by which people turn to God and come to know him, but perhaps it exists in the same way perhaps God exists?
RE: God's Name
Is it Allah, it's Allah isn't it?  Do I win anything?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Oh my......

MK, you need to look up JBrentonK on his "name".

You are in for a treat.

and this...

Quote:Now from an agnostic atheist viewpoint, why limit agnosticism towards God? Why not say you are unaware what his name/face is by which people turn to God and come to know him, but perhaps it exists in the same way perhaps God exists?

For the love of Zeus man! Really? Impenetrable much?
I think the God of the Christian's belief is Yahweh, but Muslims believe in Jesus but name him something else and only believe he was a Prophet.
[Image: atheist_stereotypes_by_uchihakaito-d4yng2u.png]
(October 26, 2015 at 5:06 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Is it Allah, it's Allah isn't it?  Do I win anything?

Allah is a title that means either "The God" which is derived from god, which means either worthy of worship or the worshiped. At any rate that is a title of God, his name is not simply what is described by letters or a concept, but a living connection to God. It's actually why we can call God god or say he is worthy of worship or say he is loving or say he is merciful. However his name/face talked about is more hidden then simply words, and more manifest then concepts.
And now the news for gods, in the aftermath of hurricane Patricia:

Even though the storm was the most powerful over-water hurricane recorded, no gods were injured or killed. Repeat: no gods were injured or killed....

That's today's news for gods from the west coast of Mexico.
(October 26, 2015 at 5:11 pm)JesusHChrist Wrote: And now the news for gods, in the aftermath of hurricane Patricia:

Even though the storm was the most powerful over-water hurricane recorded, no gods were injured or killed. Repeat: no gods were injured or killed....

Not even that asshole Hermes?
[Image: atheist_stereotypes_by_uchihakaito-d4yng2u.png]
(October 26, 2015 at 5:12 pm)Shining_Finger Wrote:
(October 26, 2015 at 5:11 pm)JesusHChrist Wrote: And now the news for gods, in the aftermath of hurricane Patricia:

Not even that asshole Hermes?

Nope. All gods appear to have escaped unscathed. 

This time.
If God changes his name to Allah does he have to wait a year before he can change it back again?
I'm wondering from Christians, does the Bible teach the same thing about God's Name, that it is the light of his face, etc.

I've read parts of the Bible, not all of it, and haven't studied it deeply.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The name of God thread. Mystic 197 23711 October 13, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: Sal
  RAMADAN: wonder how many girl MUTILATIONS were done in the name of Allah? 21stCenturyIconoclast! 13 5122 June 27, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: vorlon13