Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 9:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Avatars
Using Avatars
Dotard asked about this.

1. Go to User CP (Control Panel) near the top of the page.

2. On the left hand column click on Change Avatar.

3. Select method. You can select the avatar from the Gallery from your User CP, or you can use a URL for the image. Or you can browse from your own selection. I would advise that you right click and save image as to your own file and upload it by clicking on browse from the User CP once you have it saved.

Here is a website that offers free avatars that you can link to. They allow you to use their bandwidth, but it is better to load it up and use your own image in case they change their policy or go offline. You might even want to save a few of your favorites for future use should you want to change your avatar.
RE: Using Avatars
And that worked fine! My belated thanks to Daystar.

Why can I not upload/change it now? I do the upload thing but my avatar remains the same.

Is it broke?
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
I had to delete the old one first and then refresh the browser and then upload the new one.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Thanx
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gifs as avatars Bad Wolf 7 1532 May 18, 2014 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Problem with using bold tags inside url tags Angrboda 4 1482 February 21, 2014 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Helpful Hannah - Tips on using the forum Angrboda 9 2890 December 5, 2013 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Animated gif avatars. leo-rcc 8 8560 May 16, 2010 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Darwinian
  Add in small avatars to shoutbox Autumnlicious 4 2468 April 2, 2010 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Spooky avatars are haunting me Purple Rabbit 10 3662 December 29, 2009 at 5:44 am
Last Post: Violet