Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your encounters with psychics
Rainbow 
Your encounters with psychics
I was just reading James Randi's book on Uri Geller and it's just hilarious what a shameless fraudulent asshole that Uri is and it also brought in a memory I haven't thought about for many years.
My only encounter with a "psychic" was when I was about 11 years old. I was present on a dowsing session by a none less then a dowser looking for underground "water lode" or for place to dig for a well. Guy had spiral metal wire in his fingers and he walked around. Now also the owner of the house and therefore the lot had problems with water in his basement and he thought that he perhaps dug into one of those "water lodes", which thinking now doesn't make sense because basement was too shallow. Nevertheless he no doubt told it to the dowser so the guy walked around and several times would walked toward the wall of the basement and almost crashing into the wall - I mean what a performer.
And then all of a sudden he stopped and yelled at me, who was silent observer, that I am interrupting with his paranormal vibes and I had to leave, so I left. When I later returned to no wonder there was a stick stuck into the ground very close to the cellar wall of the house where the new well was to be dug up which it was very soon afterward, very deep, and needles to say the well was and is dry as Mother Theresa's cunt.

So what are your encounters with psychics?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Your encounters with psychics
Well they make a lot of sense, after all. This is real. And they believe they are psychic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JaRObcLsds

In all seriousness, I've never met one and thank fuck for that they'd drive me spare.
Okay, psychics. Makes more sense now. I read physics.
I have encounters with physics every moment. Psychics much less.
Never, actually.
[Two Men]
Alice goes to see a fortune teller, who tells her "Two men are madly in love with you!"

Alice asks "Who will be the lucky one?"

The fortune teller answers "Michael will marry you, and Shaun will be the lucky one."
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
An old mate of mine (briefly) dated a girl who believed she was psychic. They came to lunch at my house in Belfast and the girl could not WAIT to mention her powers. As politely as possible (yes, I can be polite to nutters), I explained to her that I thought all psychics without exception were either self-deluded or deliberate frauds. She didn't get angry or offended, and offered to tell me three things about myself. She told me 1) I was fond of animals, 2) I was musically inclined, and 3) that I had suffered physical misfortune.

I asked her if she could have 'sensed' those things if 1) there weren't two dogs in my house, 2) I didn't have a guitar, a banjo and a music stand in plain view and 3) I didn't have an eye patch and facial scars.

THEN she got offended.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
One day a couple of years ago, my SO and I were walking around Jackson Square in New Orleans. For those who have never been there, this area is overrun with self-proclaimed psychics. My girl is a bit of a nutter and into her fair share of woo (I'm working on it, folks) and decided to pay for the services of one of these frauds. I told her I wouldn't have anything to do with it but that she was free to piss away her money if she wished. So while she was having her fortune told, I conspicuously hung back and listened to a street musician instead.

The "psychic", clearly butt hurt about my disdain for her abilities, informed my SO that she could sense that we weren't right for each other and that I didn't really love her. Further, that we wouldn't end up together and that my SO would soon find her true love.

Long story short: we got married in May.

Oh, and my wife still hasn't quite made the connection between the utter wrongness of the psychic's predictions and the likelihood that all such people are just full of shit. In her view, she just got a bad one and holds out for the possibility that there might be others who are legitimate. For some reason, though, she has never answered my question, "Why would a real psychic spend his/her time dicking around in Jackson Square for $50 a pop?"

As I said, I'm working on it, folks.
Only the pet psychics at dog events. Miserable parasitic scum fleecing desperate owners grasping at any straw of hope.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 18, 2015 at 3:23 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: I was just reading James Randi's book on Uri Geller and it's just hilarious what a shameless fraudulent asshole that Uri is and it also brought in a memory I haven't thought about for many years.

I have a sort of grudging regard for Uri Geller. He's a millionaire, he lives in a beautiful riverside house on the Thames - all achieved by doing a few conjuring tricks and convincing idiots that he has magic powers. Fair play to him !!

Grimesy
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

I'm one of the suckers who paid to see him!

In my defence, I was young.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 19, 2015 at 4:48 pm)ignoramus Wrote: I'm one of the suckers who paid to see him!

In my defence, I was young.

You probably paid for a new pair of driving gloves for his chauffeur !!
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alien Abductions & Encounters, and UFO Sightings EgoDeath 80 5790 October 26, 2019 at 11:10 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  psychics suck Duke Guilmon 19 3469 August 12, 2017 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  MUFON (Alien Encounters and Abductions) Mudhammam 44 10816 May 15, 2014 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Psychics fail test zebo-the-fat 11 3279 October 31, 2012 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy