Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MUFON (Alien Encounters and Abductions)
MUFON (Alien Encounters and Abductions)
So I went to this earlier this evening:
[Image: 10246729_848513045162809_3682788833762814244_n.jpg]

It was at the local library and was a free event so I figured why not. The speaker went through various cases of alleged alien abductions and encounters throughout various parts of the US as well as an occurrence in Zimbabwe, giving names of the witnesses and how many there were. (Some supposedly were witnessed by as many as 40 people, at the Zimbabwe event there were 62!)

I wrote down all the names and the locations of the abductions so that I can look into matters further. I will list them here tomorrow (I don't have the paper on me). At the end of the presentation, the speaker also said that he has had many alien encounters, the first when he was two years old! It was a fascinating event. Obviously, I'm pretty skeptical about the claims but they are interesting nonetheless and before this I can't say I ever met anyone who encountered aliens. I bought the guy's book (also available on Amazon) called "Experiencer: Raised In Two Worlds" because he lives in my area and I like to support local authors. I also think it will be an interesting read. Anyway, it was quite the unusual experience.
RE: MUFON (Alien Encounters and Abductions)
Where were you Wink?
http://youtu.be/_1MuT_KSOo4
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Quote:and before this I can't say I ever met anyone who encountered aliens.

You still haven't.

No one has ever been abducted by an alien.

No one has ever seen a spaceship of extraterrestrial origin.

No one has alien implants.

No one has ever been probed by space beings.

The people of Alpha Kentauri aren't coming here and mutilating our cattle or make pretty patterns in wheat fields or building pyramids/stone circles...or any of the rest of it. Wil Smith and Tommy Lee Jones aren't working to keep the secret from us - there is no secret to keep.

Belief in aliens (abductions and all the rest of it) is simply another variety of religious-type magical thinking.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Bill Hicks! Awesome.

Boru, what makes you so sure that nobody has ever encountered an alien? You sound like a pseudoskeptic.
(April 10, 2014 at 7:58 am)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: Bill Hicks! Awesome.

Boru, what makes you so sure that nobody has ever encountered an alien? You sound like a pseudoskeptic.

Because the reports of people doing so are: 1) sketchy in the extreme; 2) never verifiable; 3) amenable to more prosaic explanations; and 4) unlikely by their very nature. Attend:

-Why, in all the thousands of reported encounters with ETs, we haven't had a single artifact or piece of knowledge produced that was unquestionable not of terrestrial origin?

-Why, with all the vastly advanced technology it would take to cross an interstellar gulf to reach the Earth, haven't the aliens developed a fool-proof mind wiping technique so abductees wouldn't remember the experience?

-How do the aliens get here? Remember, the speed-of-light barrier isn't a technological one, it seems to be built into the very fabric of the universe (I'll save you some typing on this one: ALL potential answers will be ad hoc, wishful thinking, or fantasy).

-What could the aliens possible want from us? It can't be resources, as ours aren't depleting any faster than can be accounted for by our gross appetites. It can't be to study human beings. If it were, the aliens would abduct people and never return them, avoiding all possibility of detection. So...why do they keep coming here?

-How is it possible that no disinterested observer has ever witnessed an abduction? When told of the Bigelow 'report' that about 100 million Earthlings have been the victim of alien abduction, Carl Sagan is said to have commented, 'It's surprising more of the neighbours haven't noticed.'

-Many abductees claim they've had implants. Why have we never - not once - found such an implant?

-Why, if the aliens are so interested in us, are they always showing up in out-of-the-way places where teeth outnumber IQ points? Why not London, Moscow, or Washington DC? Why hasn't a ship landed in Beijing and announced, 'Here we are!!' ?

I don't dismiss the existence of extraterrestrial life. I think that life in the universe - even intelligent life - is probably common, if not ubiquitous. But I've read the accounts of alleged abductees, as well as speculation on how the aliens bred us from apes, built the pyramids, sank Atlantis, et cetera ad nauseam, and none of them stand up to scrutiny. So, if looking at the evidence and coming to a reasonable conclusion makes me a pseudo-skeptic, so be it. Better that than a credulous git who assumes that since some bloke wrote a book about it, he actually encountered aliens.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I am not sure no one has ever encountered aliens. But I am very sure I have never seen any significant evidence that those who claim to have encountered aliens didn't either make it up or were simply dilusional.

BTW, judging from your recent posts, are you sure you never encountered aliens who operated on you with mental vegetification ray?
(April 10, 2014 at 7:17 pm)Chuck Wrote: I am not sure no one has ever encountered aliens. But I am very sure I have never seen any significant evidence that those who claim to have encountered aliens didn't either make it up or were simply dilusional.

BTW, judging from your recent posts, are you sure you never encountered aliens who operated on you with mental vegetification ray?

Is mental vegetification the new hip term for those who question everything instead of just accepting what others say on faith? If so, then sure.

Boru, I appreciate the elaboration. I don't disagree with any of that actually. I just wasn't sure if you had considered some of the more intriguing cases but you're right to demand sufficient answers to those questions. Sometimes I get the sense people want to dismiss everything that hasn't been repeated or whatever simply seems implausible so I had to press the issue a bit.
(April 11, 2014 at 7:01 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:
(April 10, 2014 at 7:17 pm)Chuck Wrote: I am not sure no one has ever encountered aliens. But I am very sure I have never seen any significant evidence that those who claim to have encountered aliens didn't either make it up or were simply dilusional.

Is mental vegetification the new hip term for those who question everything instead of just accepting what others say on faith? If so, then sure.

I think the point is that you don't seem to be questioning everything. In the OP, you accepted that the author had 'encountered aliens' based on nothing more than his say-so.

Boru
(April 11, 2014 at 7:04 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 11, 2014 at 7:01 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: Is mental vegetification the new hip term for those who question everything instead of just accepting what others say on faith? If so, then sure.

I think the point is that you don't seem to be questioning everything. In the OP, you accepted that the author had 'encountered aliens' based on nothing more than his say-so.

Boru

Well I was speaking more in terms of the claim itself, not that I believed it. I can see where that misunderstanding could arise but in what other posts have I made that mistake?
(April 11, 2014 at 7:09 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:
(April 11, 2014 at 7:04 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I think the point is that you don't seem to be questioning everything. In the OP, you accepted that the author had 'encountered aliens' based on nothing more than his say-so.

Boru

Well I was speaking more in terms of the claim itself, not that I believed it. I can see where that misunderstanding could arise but in what other posts have I made that mistake?

No other posts that I'm aware of (but I don't read every thread here).

Apos for the misunderstanding about the OP. I honestly thought you meant that you met someone who had encountered aliens, not that you met someone who claimed to have such an encounter. Again, sorry for the misunderstand it.

But I still think alien abductions are a load of bollocks. Big Grin

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alien Abductions & Encounters, and UFO Sightings EgoDeath 80 5447 October 26, 2019 at 11:10 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Another famous alien hoax admitted ignoramus 13 2162 September 27, 2017 at 7:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Man That Killed 2 Alien Greys (Phil Schneider) scoobysnack 139 36663 June 9, 2017 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Alien cover up dyresand 82 14938 March 23, 2016 at 3:47 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Rainbow Your encounters with psychics Fake Messiah 14 3383 November 20, 2015 at 4:47 am
Last Post: Cato
  Mathematics An Alien Language? Mudhammam 28 7836 March 16, 2015 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: Alex K