Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alien Abductions & Encounters, and UFO Sightings
Alien Abductions & Encounters, and UFO Sightings
So... Whose got 'em?

Anyone ever see a UFO?

How about an alien abduction experience?

Anything like that?

Let's hear 'em.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
RE: Alien Abductions & Encounters, and UFO Sightings
[Image: tenor.gif]
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(September 18, 2019 at 7:41 am)EgoDeath Wrote: So... Whose got 'em?

Anyone ever see a UFO?

Anything like that?

Let's hear 'em.

I have seen UFOs. Unidentified flying objects. Sometimes they hide behind the clouds, not giving a chance to identify it. Was it boeing, airbus? So therefore a UFO Big Grin
(September 18, 2019 at 7:41 am)EgoDeath Wrote: So... Whose got 'em?

Anyone ever see a UFO?

Anything like that?

Let's hear 'em.

I do not buy any of this crap. "Unidentified" does not equate to proof. 

Secondly, whatever life that might be in the universe capable of creating space transportation is highly likely to suffer the same limitations of physics and distance even if they are more advanced. Things like warp drives and worm holes still would require impossible amounts of energy and resources. There is a huge difference between "theory on paper" and practical use in reality.

This modern "UFO" Area 51 crap stems from people seeing new technology not realizing what it was during the two great wars. As far as "abduction" I treat that the same as someone claiming big foot exists, or the Loc Ness monster is real. It is far more likely the person is either a con, or has a mental illness causing severe hallucinations.
@Brian37

I would be inclined to agree, but much like the thread I made about paranormal experiences, I wanted to hear some stories, regardless of what people actually believe.

Someone might, for example, say they saw a UFO without actually believing it was an alien ship.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
(September 18, 2019 at 9:32 am)EgoDeath Wrote: @Brian37

I would be inclined to agree, but much like the thread I made about paranormal experiences, I wanted to hear some stories, regardless of what people actually believe.

Someone might, for example, say they saw a UFO without actually believing it was an alien ship.

I am no fan of feeding conspiracies of any kind. It certainly is possible for people to be rational and see things they can't explain. But I don't like entertaining this because gullible conspiracy nuts do run with it and say, "See see see, you just admitted you don't know, so therefor my bullshit conspiracy fits in as a gap answer."

The same can be said with "NDEs" and someone "surviving"  an airline crash, or cancer a doctor claims they should not have.

Conspiracies work in the same way a dog can mistake it's own reflection in the mirror for a seperate dog. If you want to believe bullshit bad enough, you will.

Oswald acted alone, and neither Jews or Bush Jr had anything to do with 9/11.
I can tell you about thinking I saw one, and having a vivid memory of seeing one, and a gnawing (secret, for shame) fear of abduction. 

To later find out that my vivid memory was a composite of an episode of unsolved mysteries and halleys comet, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 18, 2019 at 9:55 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(September 18, 2019 at 9:32 am)EgoDeath Wrote: @Brian37

I am no fan of feeding conspiracies of any kind. It certainly is possible for people to be rational and see things they can't explain. But I don't like entertaining this because gullible conspiracy nuts do run with it and say, "See see see, you just admitted you don't know, so therefor my bullshit conspiracy fits in as a gap answer."

The same can be said with "NDEs" and someone "surviving"  an airline crash, or cancer a doctor claims they should not have.

Conspiracies work in the same way a dog can mistake it's own reflection in the mirror for a seperate dog. If you want to believe bullshit bad enough, you will.

Oswald acted alone, and neither Jews or Bush Jr had anything to do with 9/11.

It's not my responsibility to think for people. Talking about thinking you saw a UFO confirms the conspiracy theorist's position about as much as saying you think had a revelatoey experiences confirms the Christian's position.

It doesn't. At all.

(September 18, 2019 at 10:02 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: I can tell you about thinking I saw one, and having a vivid memory of seeing one, and a gnawing (secret, for shame) fear of abduction. 

To later find out that my vivid memory was a composite of an episode of unsolved mysteries and halleys comet, lol.

Now thats what Im talking about LOL
Some years ago, during a street party in Belfast, we saw a formation of red lights in the shape of a square come up over the skyline.  They went lateral for a few minutes, then were joined by blue lights, also in a square.  They appeared to move in an arc together, then went down in the same spot them came up.  A little later, the whole thing was repeated.

Theories were everything from aliens to a Russki invasion.  Turned out, there were some people on the Lough playing with RC sailplanes with red and blue running lights.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
When you look at ufology today it seem kind of dead. I mean there doesn't seem to be any prominent voices talking in its name since in May this year Stanton Friedman died and although he was wrong, he was sort of a scientist and he could hold his own in a scientific discussion.

Before him there was astronomer J. Allen Hynek, known for being the "scientific advisor" of the Project Blue Book, he was the original “serious” researcher/believer.

But now, most of ufology revolves around Tom DeLonge, former front man for the pop punk band Blink-182.

DeLonge even founded something called To the Stars Academy of Arts and Sciences in 2015 and sells minimum of 350 shares of "stock" in the company, at $5 a share.

And there's also that nutty Steven M. Greer, former MD but it seems that most of UFO enthusiasts can't stand him. And that seems to be one of the biggest hurdles in UFO movement, that it fractured. There are UFO enthusiasts that like to read, discuss and believe in UFOs and then there are those that take UFOs and aliens very seriously, that they're even waging a cold war with aliens where the later already infiltrated the government and are ruling over the world dressed in human suits and Trump will save them all, or not - depending to which fraction you speak to.

So it's not what it used to be.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another famous alien hoax admitted ignoramus 13 2212 September 27, 2017 at 7:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Man That Killed 2 Alien Greys (Phil Schneider) scoobysnack 139 36889 June 9, 2017 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  So UFO's and aliens... what's the deal? Mechaghostman2 39 6454 October 18, 2016 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Alien cover up dyresand 82 15361 March 23, 2016 at 3:47 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Rainbow Your encounters with psychics Fake Messiah 14 3435 November 20, 2015 at 4:47 am
Last Post: Cato
  Mathematics An Alien Language? Mudhammam 28 7969 March 16, 2015 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Saw my first UFO last night Zen Badger 41 10067 December 26, 2014 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  MUFON (Alien Encounters and Abductions) Mudhammam 44 10816 May 15, 2014 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  UFO Stories are Wacko Michael Schubert 25 5550 November 10, 2013 at 12:20 am
Last Post: Optimistic Mysanthrope
Rainbow Are UFO's and extraterrestrials real? TheouLive 136 34224 October 18, 2011 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger