Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love programming
I love programming
Needs more members Big Grin

http://www.facebook.com/iloveprogramming
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: I love programming
Used to love programming then I discovered booze and girls.
Wouldnt have a clue where to start these days.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(June 17, 2010 at 12:59 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Used to love programming then I discovered booze and girls.

Start by C# then C/C++ Big Grin
Start with Java; Java is the future Big Grin
(June 19, 2010 at 7:38 am)LastPoet Wrote:
(June 17, 2010 at 12:59 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Used to love programming then I discovered booze and girls.

Trust me, it's never going to happen :S
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(June 19, 2010 at 8:06 am)Darwinian Wrote:
(June 19, 2010 at 7:38 am)LastPoet Wrote:

Trust me, it's never going to happen :S

It might.Big Grin

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Java isn't the future - statically typed languages are inflexible and not human readable.

Python/Ruby/et al are the future. Already the PyPy interpreter is nearing native C speed in many of its tests. And I hear that the work on LLVM/Ruby interpreter is progressing very quickly - many are anticipating the replacement of Matz's implementation soon.

Death to overly verbose, human unfriendly languages!

The future is high level, interpreted human readable languages. The closer to pseudocode the better. Wink
Every programmer says their language of choice is the future. Big Grin

I don't think we'll ever have a perfect language which is both flexible and human readable. Java is very flexible, and you can read it if you understand Java (which you really should if you are programming it). You wouldn't try to read French without knowing a little French, so I don't understand why you think it is not human readable.

Personally I hate not having curly braces in programming languages. Blocks look (and read) far better if they are defined with curly braces rather than indentations. Plus, it is far easier to have free-form languages when you implement curly braces.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Platonic Love Vs Romantic Love Edwardo Piet 27 6996 September 4, 2016 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Something cute to brighten up your day. If you didn't love cats, you love them now. IanHulett 34 6908 July 23, 2015 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: MTL
  Programming in C++ for Ubuntu 10.04 The_Flying_Skeptic 3 2835 August 4, 2010 at 4:52 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  25 popular programming languages Rob 9 2489 April 11, 2010 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Disinter
  Which programming language Darwinian 34 7873 March 11, 2010 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Rob