Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New but old
New but old
Hi all.  57.  In the closet atheist surrounded by Christians, family, friends, and work.  Joined here because my mental stimulation is getting really lonely.

Facebook makes me sad.  Every post is "I'll pray for you" or "It's god's will."  How about, "I'll send money instead of praying"? 

Hope I can make some virtual friends here.
RE: New but old
(November 23, 2015 at 3:14 pm)Tinamischke Wrote: Hi all.  57.  In the closet atheist surrounded by Christians, family, friends, and work.  Joined here because my mental stimulation is getting really lonely.

Facebook makes me sad.  Every post is "I'll pray for you" or "It's god's will."  How about, "I'll send money instead of praying"? 

Hope I can make some virtual friends here.

Welcome Tina!  I truly hope you find what you seek here.  Great group of people and you can be as involved as you like!  All are welcome, I'm sure Vic will have some Welcome Waffles coming your way shortly.
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
Welcome! I commiserate with your FB experience. I trust that your experience here will be better and not include the deluge of 'mysterious ways' and 'god needs money' bullshit.
Welcome from Tennessee!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Welcome Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
That must be a kind of hell. If your family is vile enough you just have to keep them at arm's length. But try to notice which ones are tolerant, kind and respectful. No matter what they belief, this is the sort you want around you.
Welcome from Germany!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Welcome, Tina, I think you're really gonna like it here :•)
Welcome! Hi <- the welcome

[Image: Cranberry-Orange-Waffles-No-Diets-Allowed.jpg]

^the waffles

See you around c:
I'll be happy to make your friendship, but there's no money forthcoming.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am new but think I have the best argument for atheism GodlessGirl 26 6109 May 6, 2019 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Jrouche
  Hi, I'm not new but here is another side to me. Whateverist 12 2281 May 2, 2017 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Old atheist, new to forum Bunburryist 25 2614 August 10, 2016 at 10:08 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  New Old Member ElectricAnxiety 4 1881 March 18, 2014 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: Bad Writer
  I am new to the forums, but not to wondering what the neighbors drank... ParCutz 35 6566 August 21, 2013 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: ParCutz
  New Member / Old Skeptic Guppusmaximus 12 4891 February 27, 2013 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  New New New Quid 23 4852 December 11, 2012 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Tongue I'm new but not unfamiliar. 957Chatterton 34 10867 November 22, 2012 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: 957Chatterton
  I'm new here, so you may not be aware of my legendary status, but you soon will be. Gambit 13 3479 April 30, 2012 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  New here, but not a new Atheist mboss 12 4070 June 15, 2011 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Epimethean