Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God exists because we can imagine it
God exists because we can imagine it
What do you think of this theoretical proposal:

God exists outside the mind, because we have developed the intelligence to imagine one existing outside the human mind, that it does. This is what you could say would separate us from animals, because no animal has the intelligence to imagine this concept.

And that all your concepts about what exists outside the human mind carry over, outside the human mind. Whatever god you believe in, that is what exists, not in alternate reality, not in reality, in...the afterlife. 

(P.S. I know this is illogical, I do not believe it. Do not attempt to accuse this of being what I personally believe, i'm just initiating a discussion with a prompt.)
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: God exists because we can imagine it
The imagination only creates that which is fictional.

The imagination is great at creating, especially primitive minds creating gods.

Gods have already been proven as fiction due to the fact that there is no evidence for their existence.

The fact that men are prone to creating fiction is a stepping stone away from the connection to religion.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Unicorns.
Bigfoots.
Loch Ness monsters.
Cyclops.
Flying Spaghetti Monsters.
Flying saucers.
Cold fusion.
Free beer.

Where the fuck is my free beer?
By that logic, all gods exist. Plus about as many mythological creatures as there are real creatures that we've seen. I mean, Humans are an imaginative species, and we can think of a lot of crazy stuff.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(December 1, 2015 at 10:47 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Free beer.

Where the fuck is my free beer?

Same place god is.  All around you.  If you're not drunk right now it's your fault, not the free beer's.  You will be able to taste it when you die.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Never heard that argument before.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
I am going to imagine me a pizza and..... nope nothing...
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Fuck the free beer. Where's my naked nymphomaniac?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
72 of 'em matey...
You just need to cross over...
Let us know if they're ugly will ya?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
No, you're thinking of virgins. Or possibly grapes. Anyway, I'm not greedy, I'll go for one fuckaholic made of real meat than any number of pretend virgins.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God exists subjectively? henryp 90 12308 November 21, 2016 at 9:04 am
Last Post: Tonus
  What do we do while deciding if free will exists? henryp 57 9824 April 20, 2015 at 9:56 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If God exists but doesn't do anything, how would we know? And would it matter? TaraJo 7 3995 January 26, 2013 at 11:14 am
Last Post: DeistPaladin
Star Imagine A World Without Religion. Phish 58 17654 September 6, 2012 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Do your beliefs imply a Necessary being exists? CliveStaples 124 47114 August 29, 2012 at 5:22 am
Last Post: Categories+Sheaves
  If you were certain a designer exists... Mystic 10 4266 July 21, 2012 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  A One In An infinity Chance That God Exists. What Do You Guys Think? amateurlyinsightful 82 29662 July 6, 2012 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: amateurlyinsightful
  Fear of dying because of my views dean211284 39 13602 July 6, 2012 at 9:25 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  I believe everything exists. Edwardo Piet 23 5337 November 2, 2010 at 4:46 am
Last Post: Ervin
  Everything exists TruthWorthy 33 16712 March 10, 2010 at 5:40 am
Last Post: Violet