Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychic mediums
Psychic mediums
Psychic mediums are one of my pet peeves. I think it's completely callous and unscrupulous to use the memory of someone's dead relatives to bring yourself fame and fortune. I don't set out to destroy people's beliefs, but it's a topic that comes up often, because I have friends and family who visit psychic mediums, and I try my best to hold my tongue.

One of the things they often say is that psychic mediums give hope to people who have lost loved ones. How would you respond?
RE: Psychic mediums
My response is just two words. Sylvia Browne
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

A fool and their money are soon parted.

I'll take mine in XL.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Joan Quigley is a kunt.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Vultures are repulsive no matter the form they take.

I agree, those that bilk people in the throws of grief or desperation (and therefore, ruled more by emotions and missing their best judgement) are the lowest, most detestable form of human life. Also, even those not suffering immediate grief, but just perhaps a few bulbs shy of a row, do not deserve to be robbed just because they are, perhaps, fools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWl05VjpUm0
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(December 12, 2015 at 6:22 pm)Aroura Wrote: I agree, those that bilk people in the throws of grief or desperation (and therefore, ruled more by emotions and missing their best judgement) are the lowest, most detestable form of human life.  Also, even those not suffering immediate grief, but just perhaps a few bulbs shy of a row, do not deserve to be robbed just because they are, perhaps, fools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWl05VjpUm0

Ladies and Gentlemen............................................

John Edwards.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
What happened to Jean Dixon ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

If I give examples of known frauds, and even magicians who perform the same trick, I'm told that just because there are frauds it doesn't mean that they're all frauds. Actually, the response to me mentioning that there are magicians who do the same trick is usually an argument from personal incredulity: 'I don't understand how anyone could use cold reading.'
(December 12, 2015 at 5:22 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Vultures are repulsive no matter the form they take.

Actually, I find that offensive towards Vultures. Those animals do their part on ecosystems and evolved to survive eating dead meat.

As much as it pains me to admit, mediums, priests and other quacks are human like us... damn. And they prey on the living.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US man sues psychic who 'promised to remove ex-girlfriend curse' zebo-the-fat 24 2734 October 6, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  AF members' psychic predictions for 2016 Alex K 96 17778 September 3, 2016 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Animal Psychic Conveys Cecil the Lion's Message to Humanity Salacious B. Crumb 49 15234 September 24, 2015 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  "Psychic" dies downbeatplumb 7 2884 August 29, 2015 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  My Mother the Psychic là bạn điên 28 8958 February 5, 2014 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: Weewah
  Psychic and the wife sarcasticgeographer 26 5213 August 16, 2013 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Psychic past EGross 10 3986 March 12, 2013 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  What of mediums who somehow know family secrets? mavis 6 2823 March 12, 2012 at 6:56 am
Last Post: NoMoreFaith
  Psychic prediction of mass graves turns out false Doubting Thomas 35 10015 July 12, 2011 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  Psychic Powers Rayaan 15 8073 December 14, 2010 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris