Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal Psychic Conveys Cecil the Lion's Message to Humanity
Animal Psychic Conveys Cecil the Lion's Message to Humanity
http://www.vox.com/2015/8/2/9086655/cecil-lion-psychic

[Image: Screen_Shot_2015-08-02_at_12.30.35_PM.0.png]

Being an animal psychic must be fun. You get to make up whatever shit you want, because the animal can't speak for itself. I think it would be funny as hell to do this for a day, just to see people's reactions to me telling them, that their dog is very happy, loves his dog food, and likes the house he lives in very much. Of course, I'd reveal that I'm not a psychic afterwards, and give them they're money back, and tell them not to be so gullible.

People that bring their pets to a pet psychic, are on a whole new level above stupid. It's scary to see how many likes this message has received. How can people believe this shit?
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
RE: Animal Psychic Conveys Cecil the Lion's Message to Humanity
Congratulations, Karen Anderson! You are:

A) Fucking insane
B) Fucking insane
C) A Sleazebag
D) REALLY FUCKING INSANE
E) All of the above
F) FUCK YOU'RE FUCKING CRAZY

You know, just a tentative diagnosis.
Of course 1,789 people liked that, I swear people will believe anything.
I think most of these people are just amoral assholes (the psychics, not the people who believe in them, those are just gullible). But to lie to someone's face about something they care about, to accept their money for a false service....it's not crazy, it's sociopathic.

I think some of them salve their conscience by telling themselves they are giving people hope, believing in miracles, blah blah. But most are just utter con artists without a empathetic bone in their body, let alone a psychic one, lol.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Well I just contacted Cecil too, and he says he eats greedy ruthless psychics for breakfast. Checkmate? -_-
I would Like to see Karen in a 1-on-1 sit down with a live lion, so we can get his thoughts. Judging by Cecil's comments, lions seem very forgiving and zen like, so I don't see any danger.
Cecil contacted me to say that that Karen Anderson is a liar and a fraud, and that he said no such thing.  If a court of law would recognize a dead lion's right to sue for libel, he would sue her in a court of law.  Cecil was clear and unequivocal in saying that Karen Anderson never spoke with him, and that he would never speak with such a dishonest and disreputable person.  He is completely and utterly disgusted by her lies said in his name.  "If there were any justice in the world, she would be dead instead of me," said Cecil the lion.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
If the psychic cared, you'd think she could telepathically relay a message to all animals that will be poached, tell them a place to hide, and save them from death.

I'm guessing that won't happen, because I'm thinking, she's full of shit.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
[Image: c0Nn9sc.jpg]
Jeesh, I just spoke to my dead turtle, King Lettuce III. His words moved me to tears.

"DUDE, you should TOTALLY be an animal psychic. Dumb fucks will give you truckloads of money just for talking to their kittens. Wouldn't that be RAD?"
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US man sues psychic who 'promised to remove ex-girlfriend curse' zebo-the-fat 24 2740 October 6, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  AF members' psychic predictions for 2016 Alex K 96 17991 September 3, 2016 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Psychic mediums jcvamp 25 4388 December 13, 2015 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Aractus
  "Psychic" dies downbeatplumb 7 2885 August 29, 2015 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  My Mother the Psychic là bạn điên 28 8981 February 5, 2014 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: Weewah
  Psychic and the wife sarcasticgeographer 26 5221 August 16, 2013 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Psychic past EGross 10 4018 March 12, 2013 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  Psychic prediction of mass graves turns out false Doubting Thomas 35 10020 July 12, 2011 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  Psychic Powers Rayaan 15 8095 December 14, 2010 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris