Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 29, 2024, 10:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hail
Hail
No no please sit, sit.

May we work together to bring down ignorance, or if not may we rip each other to shreads due to insurmountable egotistical maneuvering. 

adog
RE: Hail
Welcome to the forum.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(January 17, 2016 at 3:12 pm)Effusional Wrote: No no please sit, sit.

May we work together to bring down ignorance, or if not may we rip each other to shreads due to insurmountable egotistical maneuvering. 

adog

What an introduction. Tells us nothing about you. I usually  respond with a pat response to welcome fellow atheists to the dark side, but this is severely lacking. Looks more like the first post of a troll. If you want to take the time to prove me wrong, I'd love it.
Provisional welcome, Effusional (it would have been a full welcome, but I've come to trust 37's judgement).

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Well i'm sure the water would be warmer but I accidently fell into the wrong lobby in my first time and i'm feelin a little icy atm. But nice to meet you guys, I'm a big activest and I look forward to making connections and getting some real work done in spreading reason and knowledge and displacing the lies that saturate our societies.
Welcome.

That's quite the laundry list. Bring plenty of bars of soap.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 17, 2016 at 3:27 pm)Effusional Wrote: Well i'm sure the water would be warmer but I accidently fell into the wrong lobby in my first time and i'm feelin a little icy atm. But nice to meet you guys, I'm a big activest and I look forward to making connections and getting some real work done in spreading reason and knowledge and displacing the lies that saturate our societies.

Your first post tells me you were looking for a while before you decided to post your introduction. And what what do you mean by "real work". 

I hate to tell you this but life isn't an episode of Mr Rogers. I get that both theists and atheists don't like conflict. 

Even when an atheist says "real" or "true" I get a lip twitch.

Yes it would be nice if all 7 billion humans always agreed and never offended each other. But that wont happen. I think the next best thing we can do is to agree that no matter who says what or who offends who, that we agree to non violence.

I don't even like it when atheists try to solve disputes with well intended tactics. I think it is better to let the words fly and agree not to get violent.
Probably better to keep the sidebars to a minimum in intro threads.

Welcome aboard.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Hiya!
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Welcome
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hail. Surtr 18 2476 January 8, 2013 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Surtr
  Hail to you AF Sliksoni 10 1961 November 17, 2011 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Napoléon