Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell us something we don't know....
Tell us something we don't know....
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35368827

Quote:US wasted millions on Afghan reconstruction, says watchdog

Quote:The $6m ($4.2m) initiative saw a small herd of rare blond Italian goats imported - but Mr Sopko said oversight was so ineffective he could not be sure that the goats were not eaten.

Okay - that's one I hadn't heard before.
RE: Tell us something we don't know....
I heard that on the Beeb tonight on the way home from work.

What do you want to bet that a good half of that money funded poppies producing heroin for the American market?

(January 21, 2016 at 2:58 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I heard that on the Beeb tonight on the way home from work.

What do you want to bet that a good half of that money funded poppies producing heroin for the American market?
That's why we invaded Afghanistan in the first place.
rare...blond...Italian...goats...

Sorry, I don't know how to process that.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: xpzf6.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Sorry, but why the fuck were they sending goats to Afghanistan? It's a fucking shithole, of course the locals are going to slaughter and eat them. If we're going to send anything at all it should be food and medicine.

This is probably the best documentary giving the real life conditions of the money we've wasted in Afghanistan and how corrupt and backwards that country is. Warning, it's not exactly going to make you feel good about yourself.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(January 21, 2016 at 7:25 am)Bella Morte Wrote: Sorry, but why the fuck were they sending goats to Afghanistan? It's a fucking shithole, of course the locals are going to slaughter and eat them. If we're going to send anything at all it should be food and medicine.

We did send food ... five goats, at a cost of six million dollars.

/Pentagonanswers

High price call girls for the Taliban?

Doesn't that violate international law?
Dying to live, living to die.
If the blond goats were considered attractive, they might not have been eaten.

They are probably 'working goats' now, if you catch my drift . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happens if you "tell" a police to f**k off? Freedom of speech? Duty 16 1007 April 17, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Something I've wondered about Hollywood Foxaèr 23 800 December 13, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  "Tell All" books and politics........ Brian37 18 889 September 6, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Sal
  "The American Dream" is just a myth we tell ourselves Foxaèr 45 3980 April 20, 2019 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Something very bad is coming to the whole world. WinterHold 7 676 November 27, 2018 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I Don't Know If This Is Necessary, Rod. Minimalist 2 290 September 21, 2018 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Say Something Nice About President Trump BrianSoddingBoru4 177 16364 June 26, 2018 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  We Didn't Need A Study To Tell Us This Minimalist 22 1755 April 4, 2018 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I'm Sure His Buddy Putin Could Put Something Together For Him Minimalist 1 631 January 17, 2018 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  D'uh. Tell Us Something We Don't Know Rex Minimalist 6 1506 December 12, 2017 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Fireball