Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a murderer.
Making a murderer.
Has anyone seen this documentary yet?  I haven't even seen it yet but heard a lot about it, I'm, surprised there isn't already a thread about it unless there is one and I missed it like I did with the walking dead thread.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Making a murderer.
I haven't seen it, but I have seen other True Crime shows that have covered the Avery case.  Apparently, there are some key tidbits left out of the documentary that would show Avery stalked the woman and other incriminating tidbits like the fact that Avery's nephew accused him of molesting him.  In fact, his fiancé(ex?) says he's guilty.  From the info I've gathered from the shows, it definitely appears that he is guilty of the murder, but those shows are far from free of bias.  

The fact is he had a long history of violence against women, and even tortured animals when he was young.   That's why he seemed so good for the rape along with the I.D.  He's got a long history that didn't make the film.

http://www.pajiba.com/netflix_movies_and...resent.php

Quote:There was clearly some shady shit here, but I snooped around in various Reddit threads and through some local news reports and found a few pieces of evidence not presented in the docuseries that persuade me that Avery was probably guilty. Some of this was presented at trial, while some of it was excluded in pre-trial motions.
Here's what I found.

Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(January 23, 2016 at 6:46 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I haven't seen it, but I have seen other True Crime shows that have covered the Avery case.  Apparently, there are some key tidbits left out of the documentary that would show Avery stalked the woman and other incriminating tidbits like the fact that Avery's nephew accused him of molesting him.  In fact, his fiancé(ex?) says he's guilty.  From the info I've gathered from the shows, it definitely appears that he is guilty of the murder, but those shows are far from free of bias.  

The fact is he had a long history of violence against women, and even tortured animals when he was young.   That's why he seemed so good for the rape along with the I.D.  He's got a long history that didn't make the film.

http://www.pajiba.com/netflix_movies_and...resent.php

Quote:There was clearly some shady shit here, but I snooped around in various Reddit threads and through some local news reports and found a few pieces of evidence not presented in the docuseries that persuade me that Avery was probably guilty. Some of this was presented at trial, while some of it was excluded in pre-trial motions.
Here's what I found.

I heard basically the same things.  He robbed a store, threw a cat on the fire and killed it and was basically a bit of a maniac.  When my friend told me about it I was expecting a meek passive guy slowly being turned into a murderer after being corrupted by the justice system.  This seems more like the case of a maniac who went more manic.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Watched the first episode. Didn't bother with the rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No salt sticky rice for making Nigiri Sushi Brian37 20 1116 April 30, 2022 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Help Making Indoor Cat into Outdoor cat. vulcanlogician 22 1982 May 1, 2021 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Making Jerky onlinebiker 0 277 December 25, 2018 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Making money online. paulpablo 25 2331 September 10, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Tried making vegan burgers. . . bennyboy 10 1356 August 3, 2018 at 5:59 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Making small talk more interesting Bahana 33 2878 April 9, 2018 at 1:16 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  All the cool kids are making questionnaires, so what the actual, am I right? c172 8 1074 April 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner? Joods 85 10353 November 24, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Is anyone good at making graphics? jcvamp 4 1145 November 30, 2015 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Starting work on making a PIP Boy dyresand 4 1167 November 19, 2015 at 10:04 am
Last Post: dyresand