Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TBR starts The Quran Reloaded!
TBR starts The Quran Reloaded!
Many of you have probably seen some of The Bible Reloaded where Hugo and Jake laugh at the bible.

Well I just noticed they've started with the Quran! I've not even watched it yet, so I've jumped in to let you know. I've been looking forward to this! These guys are hilarious, so I recommend getting into this series even if you've not followed them in the past. It's in two parts, the second being on a brand new channel. Jump to 8:10 in the second one to avoid watching some of the first bit again, although do watch the first one as it has extra introductory material. (Edit while watching it Tongue )

http://youtu.be/mchHIkh8g1E

http://youtu.be/y_qd__gTNWU
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: TBR starts The Quran Reloaded!
Jesus fucking shit on a spike. The Quran is way worse than I imagined.

Right out of the gate it is inciting a hateful, divisive attitude. This will be a very interesting journey into the fetid depths of what passed for morality 1500 years ago. How anyone can read this shit and think "peace" is beyond me. I probably answered my own question there.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
The Quran is a mess. It keeps repeating itself unnecessarily. Too many verses talking about the hellfire in the Quran. And just wait until you get to Surah nine.

Funny how we are supposed to consider the historical context of the Quran but not any other religious text. Bunch of hypocrites if you ask me. When the Bible says to keep slaves it has a clear historical context. Oh wait...

I expected arguments. At least proving the existence of contradictions, proving a faulty logic; etc..
But all I found is the typical :

(Sura 2 Verse 212 ) Beautified for those who disbelieve is the life of this world, and they ridicule those who believe. But those who fear Allah are above them on the Day of Resurrection. And Allah gives provision to whom He wills without account.

Again : back to racist jokes and references, ridiculing, mainstream stereotyping crap about Muslims and airplanes.
Something I dislike : one avoiding what his history and present includes, to throw what he does on others.

Most bombings in the world today happen by non-Muslims, and Muslims who are allied with non-Muslims. Hey, the "bomb" itself is a non-Muslim invention. Non-Muslims -moreover- manufactured atomic weapons enough to burn humanity twice. Ironic, criticizing God for having a hell, while we have atomic hell right here.

at minute 15:38 a person who does that, is a person I don't wanna know. A person has no respect for me, to the level of using me as his joke, his fun time, is a person I don't wanna know, trust, or even deal with.
A straightforward atheist is someone I respect.

15:38 made my stomach turn. I wonder : how many atheists here, were like this guy ? how many made fun of me on PMs and in topics, smiled and shook hands with me ?

Disgusting.

But the Quran he criticized, is what taught me not to generalize :

(Sura 49 Verse 6 ) O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful.
It's a comedy show.

Index of my best videos
AtlasS33, if you want contradictions I'm sure I can provide some. For example in the other topic where the person was talking about the Sabians. Quran says Sabians (who it was claimed worshiped stars) will go to Jannah. This is despite the fact that the Quran mentions star worship as a specific example of Shirk. Anyone who commits Shirk cannot enter Jannah so that must mean the Quran is contradicting itself.

You can search my posts for the Iyah I cited. It wasn't too long ago in that topic about Muhammad by that person who got banned.

I think you take some things too seriously Atlas. These guys are screwing around and having a joke.

Have you been in the humour section of our site? There's some wicked funny stuff there you know. One of the staff members acting like a cock for cheap laughs, I heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnysDz2SSMg

Index of my best videos
Quote:These guys are screwing around and having a joke.

Muslim fuckwits are not known for their sense of humor.
(January 26, 2016 at 9:05 am)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: AtlasS33, if you want contradictions I'm sure I can provide some. For example in the other topic where the person was talking about the Sabians. Quran says Sabians (who it was claimed worshiped stars) will go to Jannah. This is despite the fact that the Quran mentions star worship as a specific example of Shirk. Anyone who commits Shirk cannot enter Jannah so that must mean the Quran is contradicting itself.

You can search my posts for the Iyah I cited. It wasn't too long ago in that topic about Muhammad by that person who got banned.

The Sabians mentioned in the verse, are a subject of debate. 

Some Muslim scholars said they were a sect in the Christian faith,  another opinion is that they're an ancient group of people that existed before Judaism and Christianity. I collected those statements from famous ancient scholars. Those opinions include the sayings of "Ibn taymeya", "Tabari".

Though nobody mentioned their relation to star worshiping. The sources I have are in Arabic.
(January 26, 2016 at 9:54 am)robvalue Wrote: I think you take some things too seriously Atlas. These guys are screwing around and having a joke.

Have you been in the humour section of our site? There's some wicked funny stuff there you know. One of the staff members acting like a cock for cheap laughs, I heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnysDz2SSMg

I don't agree with you rob.

First of all, I think Marylin is a very very smart and talented individual. If what you're saying is true, I wouldn't be having Saint & Sweet Dreams in my playlist. 

Second, I have the right to be offended when a certain comedy touches my race & my skin color. You can get what I feel, if you said the N word to a dark skinned guy in Compton. 

Third, what I cited at 15:38 is an attitude issue, I know that atheists would make fun of religion, joke about it and all. But for somebody to have a conversation with me, just to turns out that he is laughing from the inside or waiting for me to leave to make fun of me in front of others..well, sorry rob, but I have a sense of dignity. I wouldn't do that to an atheist, Christian or Jew. It hurts, and makes me feel bad. I can't be sorry for feeling like that. 

Forth, if I'm hotheaded, I wouldn't be here for like 3 years. 
Yes, I was led to explode before, but it was never permanent. I never dealt with atheists in my real life; maybe one or two, the language is foreign to me, so sometimes I feel a little bit defensive. But I'm not a hotheaded guy who takes things too seriously.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 53 1847 1 hour ago
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 8324 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20488 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1239 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4265 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2860 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 48692 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 11870 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 858 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 14107 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257