Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harems?
Harems?
I find Islam simply baffling at times.

I do however find some of it's history fascinating and intriguing. For instance the great Islamic rulers of Turkey and Baghdad had no want for female companionship https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harem.

My quesiton is, does Islam allow a harem? that is a number of concubines for the.... companionship of one man/husband?

Are concubines.. allowed?  I can why some Mohammadens would want it, but I doubt the Mrs. would approve of such a living arrangement Undecided .
RE: Harems?
Well Cabbage, Goat simulation to the farthest of even going to up the well with jack but inside the copiolit has suitcase making sure to lock the wrench.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

I am simply wondering how you went from wanting no female companionship to harems.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(January 25, 2016 at 1:05 am)Kitan Wrote: I am simply wondering how you went from wanting no female companionship to harems.

I do want female companionship. A nice, lovely, kindhearted wife, with a humble heart, and a limited sex drive.

I just wonder about these things and wonder if Islam actually approves of them.
(January 25, 2016 at 1:09 am)TrueChristian Wrote: I do want female companionship. A nice, lovely, kindhearted wife, with a humble heart, and a limited sex drive.

I just wonder about these things and wonder if Islam actually approves of them.

You fucking disgust me.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(January 25, 2016 at 12:56 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote: Well Cabbage, Goat simulation to the farthest of even going to up the well with jack but inside the copiolit has suitcase making sure to lock the wrench.

Dammit if that isn't a perfect Sarah Palin impersonation.

Bravo!

Clap
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
My knowledge on this faith is limited but Haram is basically the female household and access by men is extremely restricted. The wife, the concubines, all female relations. They all dwell there.
When we're talking concubines in this context we're basically talking sex slaves. They would typically be reserved for royalty. As far as I can tell the quaran is pretty clear on its attitudes towards concubines. You can take concubines from the rival tribes as you're conquering, killing and converting them. They're spoils of war. Religion of peace indeed.
The bible has similar rules, it just has more contradictions that have emerged over time allowing them to be ignored through cherry picking. Thats really the only difference between religions; time. Islam has not had as much time to work on their PR campaign so its now coming to blows with civilized society.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Not feeding the troll is the first step.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
[Image: gallery_220390_7085_1407144025_104703.jpg]

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson