Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 9:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello
Hello, my name is Tomasz and I'm from Poland.

I'm liberal - in european sense of the word - and atheist. I have master's degree in history and as one can guess past is something that is of much interest to me, particularly XX century totalitarian regimes. I despise nationalism and church which is supporting and actively cultivating manichean worldview.

I enjoy discussions about history, religion and politics. Also I'm looking for a place where being liberal and/or atheist isn't something to be ashamed of.

I'm looking forward to participating in forum life.
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
RE: Hello
Always glad to welcome another historian.  What's you field of interest?
Welcome matey.
Please participate in our latest "was Jesus real" thread....
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Welcome!
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Hello Tomasz!

Welcome to the forums.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(January 28, 2016 at 3:09 am)Minimalist Wrote: Always glad to welcome another historian.  What's you field of interest?

My thesis was about influence of Bolshevik coup d'etat on Poland regaining independence as shown in polish historiography so this is let's say my professional field of interest. Other than that I'm interested in Russian Revolution itself and changes wrought by it. I also have fairly good knowledge of Shoah and III Reich.

(January 28, 2016 at 3:15 am)ignoramus Wrote: Welcome matey.
Please participate in our latest "was Jesus real" thread....

I will, probably but my input will not be more valuable than that of others as I do not specialize in this period on history and have only passing knowledge of it from some books.
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Hey there, welcome Smile

Liberal atheists are certainly welcome here!

I think history is a conspiracy, personally. We only have circumstantial evidence that anything happened, indistinguishable from planted evidence and false memories put there by aliens.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Exactly, rob.

When people bring up history, I'm always like, "well, were you there?"

Ivan Denisovich, what is a day in your life like?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(January 28, 2016 at 6:15 am)robvalue Wrote: Hey there, welcome Smile

Liberal atheists are certainly welcome here!

I think history is a conspiracy, personally. We only have circumstantial evidence that anything happened, indistinguishable from planted evidence and false memories put there by aliens.

Liberal atheists are welcome here? That's good.

As for history: sarcasm. Did I just detected it?

(January 28, 2016 at 6:33 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Exactly, rob.

When people bring up history, I'm always like, "well, were you there?"

Ivan Denisovich, what is a day in your life like?

There is nothing out of ordinary in my life. I read much, listen to music and exercise. Also I'm sharing my thoughts on the forums. Or you were asking about something different, deeper maybe?

Mikhail Bakunin.
I like this one. Daddy Tibs, can we keep him??
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 6532 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3869 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates