Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Atheist video.
Classic Atheist video.
Probably a lot of you have already seen us, but I am going to post it for those who have not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uk1_NSuFvQ

Expand the comments -- Dan Barker had renounced his Christian evangelical fundamentalism the previous year or so, and is sharing the stage with his future wife!  Her mom, also on the stage, died last year.

I was really impressed with the video; Dan is really on top of his game and the audience shares the plethora of stupid theistic arguments.  The somewhat aggressive Oprah is amusing to watch, also.
RE: Classic Atheist video.
(February 4, 2016 at 8:19 am)Jehanne Wrote: Probably a lot of you have already seen us, but I am going to post it for those who have not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uk1_NSuFvQ

Expand the comments -- Dan Barker had renounced his Christian evangelical fundamentalism the previous year or so, and is sharing the stage with his future wife!  Her mom, also on the stage, died last year.

I was really impressed with the video; Dan is really on top of his game and the audience shares the plethora of stupid theistic arguments.  The somewhat aggressive Oprah is amusing to watch, also.

Great to see what they were doing way back when I wasn't watching Oprah, thanks for posting!

The guests were all especially good. Don't know why I seem to be the only one who cannot stand Oprah, and would be fighting the urge to slap her as much as talk to her. Razor-sharp as she is, as a journalist she's a running mouth and no listening ears. Aggressive as a criminal interrogator, and that's just infuriatingly inappropriate! She doesn't really ask questions at all, they are statements, with accusatory tone, and she never, ever even smiles! I also read way back that she was ultra-mean to studio and stage staff - honestly, it's too hard to figure how she made it without staying one step ahead of the blowback deserved with sociopathic menacing and blackmail!

They were of course the bad old days, when an atheist activist couldn't expect to get a better media date than with Oprah and other nasty people, thereby the canard that we are all nasty was maintained, even when they who were there showed themselves to be exceptionally nice. We've come a long way!
Mr. Hanky loves you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist Sarcastic Video OneAngryGuy 5 976 June 7, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Thought on this video about "Atheist delusion"? Macoleco 3 1301 October 30, 2017 at 8:56 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A great atheist debate video. Jehanne 0 1182 February 14, 2016 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Stupidest Video I've seen: "Atheism Disproved-1 Simple Question no Atheist can Answer" @Youtube jeovan 14 7785 December 31, 2012 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
Video The Most Famous Atheist's (video) theblankideas 0 1333 May 17, 2012 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: theblankideas