Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A fine Mahok! to you all
A fine Mahok! to you all
Hello

I've been lurking here for a ways and have enjoyed the level of discourse and discussion, so I figured I'd join up and introduce myself.  For most intents and purposes I identify as atheist and have done so for the past 12 years or so.  I am a former Catholic and I'll post my deconversion story in the relevant thread when I get the time (not that it's riveting reading).  I live in Brisbane, Australia, where I work for a local university's libraries, and am studying to be a librarian.  My interests include religion, reading, listening to music (I'm a particularly fond of heavy metal, but I do like all sorts of music), watching movies, and cooking.  I'm usually quite reserved, so I don't think I'll be starting or significantly contributing to any serious debates.  But I do like the vibe here, so I'll add my thoughts and opinions where I think they'll be relevant or welcome.

I look forward to getting to know you all.
- The Mgt.
RE: A fine Mahok! to you all
Welcome indeed !
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Your choice of avatar speaks volumes.

I read into things that others ignore, because I am extremely perceptive.

Your avatar means that you are quite the opposite of what you have posted.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Hello, mate. Lots of Aussies around here.
Hey there, welcome to the forum Smile

Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself. I look forward to reading more from you!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 5, 2016 at 1:35 am)Kitan Wrote: Your choice of avatar speaks volumes.

I read into things that others ignore, because I am extremely perceptive.

Your avatar means that you are quite the opposite of what you have posted.

I'm sorry.  Are you insinuating something?  I chose my avatar because the look on the guy's face is priceless.  It's from an old onion article.  I look nothing like that guy.
- The Mgt.
Don't mind our misanthrope.

Welcome from Tennessee in the USA!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
C'mon mate. Nothing to be ashamed of! When I scoff a pie with lots of sauce, I look like that picture too!

Welcome aboard ...

footy or rugby?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Yes, don't mind me.

I know nothing.

*waits a week or two*
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Welcome, Your Holiness.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2161 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  You all did it... Thank you Qwest 28 3694 December 12, 2015 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Thumbs Up HEY ALL Y'ALL Droppin' Loads 10 3931 September 22, 2009 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amphora