Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No duh statements in reporting.....
No duh statements in reporting.....
Just now was watching a local story about an old cannon 1800s age,  found in a local river........ A RIVER......let me repeat.....A RIVER....You know.....water, wet stuff.......A FUCKING RIVER......... Oh and just so you know they found it in a RIVER!

So was it really necessary for the reporter to say, "It most likely came from a boat". NO SHIT SHERLOCK!
RE: No duh statements in reporting.....
Well you know, it could have rolled off the side of some now non-existent bridge.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(March 24, 2016 at 6:04 am)Nymphadora Wrote: Well you know, it could have rolled off the side of some now non-existent bridge.

No the place it was found is a long time military port for that age of cannon, close to the coast, civil war age. It could have had land intent sure but it was either part of a military boat or being shipped to it's destination.  But the "most likely" is what got me. Odds are it did fall off a boat considering where it was found. As heavy as those things are, it is highly unlikely it was washed into the river. 

It is true we don't know, but that is why the "most likely" made me laugh. I think if it had been found on the banks near a known fort, that would have been reported. It isn't like those cannons are made out of cork and float.
LOL, yeah, I was attempting to be funny as well. But yes... the "most likely" part is funny.

Reminds me of another video. If I can find it... I'll post it.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Well I found it, but my stupid tablet copies the link and won't post it correctly in here. Anyway, if you want to look it up and post it for me, just search youtube for bronx fire 10 people. It should be the first link that pops up.
(March 24, 2016 at 5:46 am)Brian37 Wrote: Just now was watching a local story about an old cannon 1800s age,  found in a local river........ A RIVER......let me repeat.....A RIVER....You know.....water, wet stuff.......A FUCKING RIVER......... Oh and just so you know they found it in a RIVER!

So was it really necessary for the reporter to say, "It most likely came from a boat". NO SHIT SHERLOCK!

How do we know it didn't end up there from a random mixture of natural elements?
You know, like a jumbo jet in a scrap yard on a windy day?
Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(March 24, 2016 at 6:42 am)ignoramus Wrote:
(March 24, 2016 at 5:46 am)Brian37 Wrote: Just now was watching a local story about an old cannon 1800s age,  found in a local river........ A RIVER......let me repeat.....A RIVER....You know.....water, wet stuff.......A FUCKING RIVER......... Oh and just so you know they found it in a RIVER!

How do we know it didn't end up there from a random mixture of natural elements?
You know, like a jumbo jet in a scrap yard on a windy day?
Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions!

SHIT, fucking airplane in a junkyard, GOD DID IT, see you in church, we're fucked.
These days when common sense isn't so common, it is a little bit reassuring to me when reporters breathlessly report the bleeding obvious.

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 24, 2016 at 9:34 am)vorlon13 Wrote: These days when common sense isn't so common, it is a little bit reassuring to me when reporters breathlessly report the bleeding obvious.

Tongue

To a lesser extent in TV adds I always find it funny when the business says "Best in town"... REALLY? What else would you say? "WE SUCK"?

The world has some really cruel fucked up shit in it, but damn, I love humans because they also make for great comic relief.
I am so glad they told me it most likely came from a boat, I was going to default to a 747 or Space Shuttle or moon rover.