Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God is my Sugar Daddy!
God is my Sugar Daddy!
The concept of God as a ‘dad’ that wants to give us all the good things in life is quite absurd. Keep in mind that this is usually in regards to personal gain…wether wealth, career advancement, etc…

I have a few problems with this teaching. In the bible, Jesus said to sell all their belongings and give the money to the poor. He said the world will hate you because of me… there are many more that I can think of, but I will start with those. So tell me how the ideals of God as a bank and financial advisor line up with this? In modern evangelical churches,God has become nothing more than a personal quick rich scheme. People pray when they need and want things, but very rarely will people pray with such intensity,earnesty and belief if they did NOT need or want something. I can’t imagine a god up there who cares that much about your bank account and your real estate upgrades when there are millions of people dying and starving in the world. But wait… “We are blessed!!” they say… And what of all the others who are not??What are they doing wrong?? We send missionaries to ‘fix’ (save/evangelize) and end up poisoning people with a corrupt doctrine and then come back feeling like we saved the world. How arrogant! We as North Americans need to be saved from ourselves and our unquenchable lust and greed. This will be our ultimate undoing. The church will die. It is dying, and as future generations grow up and see the errors and mistakes that have been made in the name of some diety, I can only hope that they will have the wisdom to end it once and for all… That is my hope... THAT is MY prayer...
RE: God is my Sugar Daddy!
Religion is fucked up enough when it's honest!

EvF
RE: God is my Sugar Daddy!
Sir rattleshock you are the arrogant one, you know nothing about the mission field, you listen to others and repeat what they say. If you would do research on the missions of the Baptist church you would find that we dig wells, build schools, supply medicine, supply food, teach health care, teach farming methods, set up hospitals and work in them and on and on I could go. A Baptist missonary spends far more time trying to help others and teaching them to help themselves than they do preaching the gospel. We understand that hungry, sick and uneducated people have no interest in God they are trying to find the basics for their lives and who can blame them, we don't. Many of our missonaries go as school teachers to help childern to learn so that they can improve their lives. You see rattleshock we live what Jesus teaches so that others can see Him in us and through us and know He is real and cares for them. Before you go running down the work of caring people you should find out what they really do. This rich country of ours could learn a thing or two about helping others by looking at what churches are doing. Throwing money at the problem gets nothing done it takes hands on work and sacrifice to make a difference in peoples lives and that is why we are there. I bet you think missonaries make good money to don't you. If you only knew what they go through for others, the great sacrifices they make you might gain a little respect for these very generous believers. As for missionaries coming back with a chip on their shoulders you are dead wrong buster all the missionaries I've meet feel that they were not able to do enough to help others that are in great need and they all wish they could do more. Maybe you should go to an under developed country and live for years with no more than the people that are there have suffering along side of them. You should stop wasting your time hoping the church will go away it's here to stay, that is until Christ returns.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Thoughts on Hell: Daddy's Crazy Athene 47 8800 September 18, 2015 at 10:04 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Who's your daddy? IATIA 34 6153 June 9, 2015 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12332 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6683 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad