Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safely removing pre-loaded aps on my....
Safely removing pre-loaded aps on my....
Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablet. I got it as part of my student kit from school. It has a ton of aps that came with it and I'd like to know what I can safely remove without it affecting my other aps.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Safely removing pre-loaded aps on my....
You should never remove the safety on a pre-loaded app unless you intend to kill someone. Wait, what are we talking about again?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I wish there were a way to remove unwanted apps bundled with the Android OS on my S5 phone. Would save a lot of space, but I don't know that there's any way to actually do it.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
It's called "rooting".
Google it and then search "greenify" on play store.
same here.
I managed to find the correct rooted rom for my previous phone (s4 mini) and sure I removed all the crap ...But guess what?
My most important app wouldn't run. My banking app. It detected an unofficial rom and won't risk loading incase it's been hijacked.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(April 8, 2016 at 9:04 am)ignoramus Wrote: same here.
I managed to find the correct rooted rom for my previous phone (s4 mini) and sure I removed all the crap ...But guess what?
My most important app wouldn't run.  My banking app. It detected an unofficial rom and won't risk loading incase it's been hijacked.

So then are you saying don't search for the rooting thing pool is suggesting? 

I just want to make sure I don't screw up my tablet. I use it for note taking at school. While I already have all my documents accessible via google drive, if doing something would render my tablet useless, then I need another workaround.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
In any case you do decide to root your device, don't do it by yourself. There's a 73% chance you'll screw up your device,not because rooting is dangerous but because rooting is dangerous when someone inexperienced is doing it.

Unless of course you find a really good tutorial
So then take it to someone who repairs computers and such? I know a guy in town who's really good - fixed my laptop before. Maybe I should just call him?
I would imagine that a fairly good course of action unless of course someone has something better to offer?
It's early, I'll give this some time to reach the masses. If not, then yeah, I'll give the guy a call.