Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Everyone!
Hello Everyone!
Hello, 

Seeing as there is an introduction section here I thought I should introduce myself. 

I have been an atheist all my life, and don't see that changing, 33 years and counting so far. I am very pro-active in my atheism and am always happy to have a civil discussion with a theist. Although I know full well that it won't change anything. 
In respect to be active in my atheism, I am a moderator on the Richard Dawkin's Foundation for Reason and Science page on Facebook, which is where I tend to do most of my "atheising" (Is that a word? No i think I just made it up) but all too often there are too many religious trolls threatening me with whatever they consider to be an eternal punishment. It gets tiresome. 

So I thought, why not try a more closed forum where maybe there is some more civil discussion rather than the normal mudslinging.  

So anyway... hello everyone. Hope to get to know you all a bit better soon.
RE: Hello Everyone!
Hi! Welcome to these humble backwaters *cough*

How's Richard doing these days? Did he recover well?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Welcome

Pleased to meet you.
(April 15, 2016 at 5:06 pm)Alex K Wrote: Hi! Welcome to these humble backwaters *cough*

How's Richard doing these days? Did he recover well?

Thank you!

I think he is doing well. I can make no claims to actually knowing him though. Merely someone who helps to maintain his Facebook page.
Welcome!

We throw dirt clods.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Glad to have you. As for civil discussion... well, it can get interesting around here, but we have pretty good moderators who keep it between the lines most of the time, and put the brakes on when necessary. I very much enjoy this board compared to the options out there. I hope you'll find it a home, as I have. Glad to have another "heathen" among us!
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(April 15, 2016 at 5:04 pm)Jonpolley Wrote: So I thought, why not try a more closed forum where maybe there is some more civil discussion rather than the normal mudslinging.  

So... um... yeah... we don't mudsling per se... Blush Big Grin

Welcome from Tennessee!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
We stopped mudslinging when we realised it doesn't stick!
It's all water off a duck's back.

Now we just resort to Satan's evil trickery like logic and critical thought.
(The natural enemy of God)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
God doesn't like logic.

Not existing might be one reason he doesn't like it though.

Hard to like, hard to like - hard to like anythin' when you don't exist ain't it?

Sorry I've had vodka.
(April 15, 2016 at 6:30 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(April 15, 2016 at 5:04 pm)Jonpolley Wrote: So I thought, why not try a more closed forum where maybe there is some more civil discussion rather than the normal mudslinging.  

So... um... yeah... we don't mudsling per se... Blush Big Grin

We're more the rock crushing kind...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Hello, everyone Rolls 21 1348 June 27, 2020 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello Everyone! Chicken 33 2113 December 25, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Hello Everyone :) , { Just an ape trying to socialize } Enlightened Ape 31 5557 April 24, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
Wink Hello Everyone! rskovride 15 1820 February 21, 2018 at 5:45 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello Everyone Shai Hulud 32 7734 May 14, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Shai Hulud
  Hello Everyone! Driggs 22 2585 April 12, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: c172
  Hello everyone account_inactive 25 3774 April 12, 2017 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello Everyone! Flavius 9 1217 March 30, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello everyone Yoo 11 2330 August 29, 2016 at 12:11 pm