Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
im stuck help
im stuck help
i'm so stuck ... help

i was thinking about universe recently and thought that there might be a god i'm not sure though i can not deny or prove either. but those holy books which are bible and qura'n they are like a really hateful, sexist , homophobic books . how can we know if they are man-made or not ? how did the holy books guessed all those scientific facts before human being did ? did they copy the older nations science (greek - maya)? or god gave them some of his knowledge ? i'm really confused and lost between fake proofs and real ones

it was so old i mean there was no technology like nowadays . how did they find out 
find out that there are 11 planets.
"And it is We who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it."
(The Qur'an, 51:47) that earth expands
and that mountains prevent earthquake
seems like there is no response for that.

and if mohamad stole these info from ancients , myths say that he couldnt read or write so
RE: im stuck help
The Earth isn't expanding.

There are 8 planets.

Mountains don't prevent earthquakes, they are the result (tangentially) of earthquakes.

Who is "We" in the verse there? People? "We" aren't expanding anything.

Just because ancient people weren't idiots and could make observations about their world doesn't mean that god(s) exist.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Their quotes/observations are twisted to fit the scientific facts. Nothing more, nothing less. Man made fantasy remains fantasy.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
11 planets? It's either 8, or more than 11. Arguing for 11 seems difficult.

1. Mercury
2. Venus
3. Earth
4. Mars
5. Ceres
6. Jupiter
7. Saturn
8. Uranus
9. Neptune
10. Pluto
11. Eris
12. Makemake
13. Haumea
14. Sedna

There are many missing
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 16, 2016 at 8:21 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: The Earth isn't expanding.

sorry didn't mean earth , it was meant the universe "big bang theory"
they assume they have guessed it before science
(April 16, 2016 at 10:10 pm)rosechaos Wrote: sorry didn't mean earth , it was meant the universe "big bang theory"
they assume they have guessed it before science

So then, who is we? Are there multiple gods in the Qur'an?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Is expanding as written in the arabic really meant in the sense of simply inflating it without adding new structures? Expanding in the sense of carrying on building more new stuff seems the more natural interpretation.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 16, 2016 at 8:19 pm)rosechaos Wrote: i'm so stuck ... help

i was thinking about universe recently and thought that there might be a god i'm not sure though i can not deny or prove either. but those holy books which are bible and qura'n they are like a really hateful, sexist , homophobic books . how can we know if they are man-made or not ? how did the holy books guessed all those scientific facts before human being did ? did they copy the older nations science (greek - maya)? or god gave them some of his knowledge ? i'm really confused and lost between fake proofs and real ones

it was so old i mean there was no technology like nowadays . how did they find out 
find out that there are 11 planets.
"And it is We who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it."
(The Qur'an, 51:47) that earth expands
and that mountains prevent earthquake
seems like there is no response for that.

and if mohamad stole these info from ancients , myths say that he couldnt read or write so

The universe is indeed a scary place, as mysterious as it can gets, nothing matches its mystery but its mystical shocking facts, to me it alone suggests a God; the law of the universe is the literal constitution that moves thing around, so unified it can't be "a coincidence". Even if you missed Islam, at least you'll fall on a certain type of belief.

I won't go against Mohammed -peace be upon him- knowing about all these facts; what you wrote in your comment might be wrong, but there are other stuff which uniquely exist in the Quran.

The universe is expanding indeed, Ah, yep indeed, new stars are always born, but the big crunch is what I vote for, , it was mentioned how God would "fold it like a written sheet for the records" in the end times i.e what is now known as the Big Crunch theory" 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Crunch

and look at this:

Quote:or causing a reformation of the universe starting with another big bang.

The Quran said too, that the afterlife will start "exactly like" the current life, so...chilling,doesn't it?

The Big Bang that is mentioned so explicitly, the Quran is so full of wonders.
Personally, I advice you to spend more time with us, see what atheists say, what theists say, and choose your way.

IDK if you were practicing a converting game, but that's how I see things.
In terms of science, I sometimes suck. I'm a computer guy. Binary FTW
"it was so old i mean there was no technology like nowadays . how did they find out 
find out that there are 11 planets."

There are over 100 BILLION galaxies in our universe. Each galaxy has tens to hundreds of billions, sometimes even trillions of stars. There are more stars in our universe than grains of sand on the Earth. Most (probably) stars, we now know, have multiple plants orbiting them. Anyone who says there are only eleven planets needs to be put in a mental asylum.