Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady out 4 games/workers rights OP/ED
Tom Brady out 4 games/workers rights OP/ED
Now before people argue Tom did or or didn't know, the court case was NOT about that at all, but about the rights of the owner vs employee. The court decided that the NFL, regardless were the owners and had the final say. Now, Tom wont end up on cat food regardless of anyone's opinion. But, this does have everything to do with the continuing and 40 year assault on workers rights in all industries. 

I can think all I want there was no smoking gun and at the same time think Brady did it, but still have the attitude of presumption of innocence meaning, no smoking gun, gotta let em go. The average NFL player is NOT a millionaire and with all the body abuse prior to entering the NFL from pee wee to HS through college, and considering the average stay is 3-5 years, UNIONS are needed.  I am not suggesting either way that Tom did it, nor didn't do it. I am strictly talking about the long term courts siding way too much with the owners and not enough with workers.

The NFL as OWNERS have abused our economy by demanding free stadiums, have payed no taxes since 66. It hid the dangers of head injury. Sports unions are part of the last worker unions left standing. It isn't that I feel sorry for Tom the individual, I do however feel sorry for the lack of power for workers of any industry.

There was recent thread about someone here losing their job over something petty. And I was myself fired from a 7 year stint because I refused to multitask even though I was already doing more than my share. It is way past time for workers to stand up to this bullshit.  Big business would love nothing more than to turn back the clock on worker safety and pay and turn us into a third world sweat shop factory.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Throwing games to get first draft. Brian37 1 541 February 4, 2022 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Anyone watch the T-day football games? Brian37 39 1686 November 27, 2020 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Nostalgia, watching old games. Brian37 18 902 October 13, 2020 at 6:31 pm
  Here's a story, of a man named Brady.... Brian37 33 1363 September 15, 2020 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  NFL's Tom Dempsey latest victim of virus. Brian37 3 757 April 5, 2020 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Athene
  St Thomas Of Brady leaves Patriots..... Brian37 7 829 March 17, 2020 at 6:31 pm
  Tom Brady’s Four-Game N.F.L. Suspension Erased by Judge Tiberius 22 4253 September 6, 2015 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish