Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Throwing games to get first draft.
Throwing games to get first draft.
I believe the black coach Brian Flores when he says the owner offered him 100k to throw games. I also believe that the doctrine of having to interview at least 1 minority coach is a joke when they don't have any intent to take the interview seriously for minorities as coaches. 

But having said that, I think this is a sperate issue than end of season decisions after a crappy season. First off, the myth of first draft is just that. Just like the myth of home field advantage. Just this playoff season, all the top seeds got knocked out. 

I think most coaches when they get to the end of the season, are not looking to throw games to get a first round draft pick. I think most of the time it is simply a matter of turning the remainder of the games into practice and auditions.

But to say that greed can't creep up in sports, Pete Rose is a prime example.

Point is, does racism exist in the NFL? YES. But I don't think all tactics after a crappy season, are about rigging the draft.
RE: Throwing games to get first draft.
(February 4, 2022 at 1:00 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I believe the black coach Brian Flores when he says the owner offered him 100k to throw games. I also believe that the doctrine of having to interview at least 1 minority coach is a joke when they don't have any intent to take the interview seriously for minorities as coaches. 

But having said that, I think this is a sperate issue than end of season decisions after a crappy season. First off, the myth of first draft is just that. Just like the myth of home field advantage. Just this playoff season, all the top seeds got knocked out. 

I think most coaches when they get to the end of the season, are not looking to throw games to get a first round draft pick. I think most of the time it is simply a matter of turning the remainder of the games into practice and auditions.

But to say that greed can't creep up in sports, Pete Rose is a prime example.

Point is, does racism exist in the NFL? YES. But I don't think all tactics after a crappy season, are about rigging the draft.

If you believe that the owner offered money to a coach to throw games, why don’t you believe it was done to improve the draft pick? It’s hard to think of any other reason.

And Pete Rose is NOT an example of greed in sports. He’s an example of how a gambling addiction can fuck up your life.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone watching the NFL draft? Brian37 11 1066 May 2, 2021 at 4:50 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Anyone watch the T-day football games? Brian37 39 1657 November 27, 2020 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Nostalgia, watching old games. Brian37 18 852 October 13, 2020 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The myth of the draft in pro sports. Brian37 3 517 December 29, 2019 at 8:28 pm
  Dolphins need to draft this dolphin. Brian37 0 1953 May 1, 2018 at 8:56 am
  Tom Brady out 4 games/workers rights OP/ED Brian37 0 526 April 26, 2016 at 7:40 am