Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Midlife Crisis?
Midlife Crisis?
Rob jokingly mentioned "a midlife crisis thing".
Many/most people go through it. Sometimes beneficial, other times it can impact negatively on friends and family.

We work hard, stuck in the 40/40/40 scam and at a certain stage in life we decide we need a change.
Whether this is inspired by despair, boredom or just a physiological change, it seems to hit us at about 40-50 years of age. Sadly, several of my mates decided that they needed some fresh excitement missing in their lives in the arms of other women. This had led to broken families and friendships.

At 40, I bought a muscle car when I probably shouldn't have, with a mortgage and all, but the wife accepted this compromise (considering what several of our friends went through). I do consider myself lucky to have an understanding wife. She went through a change of life at 50 and decided on a big rock on her finger can bring her out of her depression! The lying Bitch! Lol! Anyway, the end justifies the means and all is well.

What weird/wonderful things have you done to alleviate that insatiable 40 year itch?
Changed gender? Tried skydiving? Swam with sharks? Or just drink a lot?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Midlife Crisis?
I'm 28 in September, so I guess I'm way too young for one. Also I'm happy as fuck.

Is there a such thing as a quarter-life crisis you think? Because I think I totally had one a few years ago.
I have a muscle car, a Harley, and I like to skydive.

Mid life crisis at 31?
Dying to live, living to die.
17 year ride on the crazy train culminating in a trip to treatment. TBH, the really crazy didn't show up until the last 2 years. Can't recommend death by slow ETOH poisoning.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 26, 2016 at 8:11 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: I'm 28 in September, so I guess I'm way too young for one. Also I'm happy as fuck.

Is there a such thing as a quarter-life crisis you think? Because I think I totally had one a few years ago.

There was a show called that a while back. I kind of had a self-identity freak out at around 18. Not sure I did anything to deal with it.

I'm 40, and starting to feel my age a bit. I did just buy a $70 soccer jersey. Is that too much of a 20-something thing to wear?

I also like new music that is played on eclectic public stations. Sometimes I feel like I should just be into classical, jazz, and 80's pop.

I just don't know. I've always had a hard time acting my age. I'm not sure how much I care, but I feel like I should.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
You know you're going weird when look at Crocs and wonder whether to buy them? He he
Saw some feax fur lined croc copies at Aldi and thought, "that's cheap"!
And then a faint voice in my head said "go ahead, lose the last bit of dignity you have left!".
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Doesn't chef Mario Batali wear Crocs?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Don't know for sure, but my cataclysmic life changing plunk into 12 Steppers oh so many years ago hopefully nipped any 'midlife' crisis thing that might have cropped up later in the bud.

Time will tell . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 26, 2016 at 8:28 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I have a muscle car, a Harley, and I like to skydive.

Mid life crisis at 31?

Dodgy My age is 2N+1 yours. Deal breaker .. or just extra naughty?
Not sure I've really had one unless you count my quarter century drugs, skate boarding and divorce thingy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vaccines: Low trust in vaccination 'a global crisis' zebo-the-fat 20 2078 September 6, 2019 at 8:28 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Is there a term for this? Quick thinking in a crisis. Gawdzilla Sama 14 1909 September 27, 2017 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama