Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judge Strikes Down
Judge Strikes Down
key portions of Arizona's fascist immigration law.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2010072...6OT81.html

Expect our local racists to go apeshit.
RE: Judge Strikes Down
(July 28, 2010 at 2:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Expect our local racists to go apeshit.

Oh, I've heard about that nugget. Also, the sheriff threatened to put any and all protesters of the law near the jail into the jail.
Nothing says "I'm trying to protect your freedom from those dirty immigrants" like institutionalized racism and use of state-sponsered beat-downs of peaceful local civil disobediance.
Whatever happened to good old enforcement and regulation of industry to kill of the demand for the undocumented migrants?

Supply and demand, my friends, supply and demand.
(July 28, 2010 at 8:24 pm)Synackaon Wrote: Whatever happened to good old enforcement and regulation of industry to kill of the demand for the undocumented migrants?

You forget, the real solution to that is to elminate minimum wage and other labor laws (if not all labor laws).
It's never been about fair competition. The same people who want to boot the illegal immigrants are the same people who want virtually zero (if not actually zero) business regulation in the United States.
They also vehemontly dislike "big labor" or unions.
Quote:Also, the sheriff threatened to put any and all protesters of the law near the jail into the jail.

Well, we all know that Sheriff Adolf only meant anti- SB1070 demonstrators. Gun-toting racist asswipes are his kind of people.
(July 28, 2010 at 8:28 pm)TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote: You forget, the real solution to that is to elminate minimum wage and other labor laws (if not all labor laws).

What?! Please elaborate.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(July 28, 2010 at 9:52 pm)Dotard Wrote: What?! Please elaborate.

Eh. That was a bit of a hyperbole/satire of a statement and I may have been on a bit of a rant in regard to the general republican/conservative/tea party platform of always fighting for the corperations.
I've heard a lot of things off and on about what they're for or against and it only seems to get crazier with time, ever since a democrat was elected into office and all but completely replaced in the senate and house. Yet, what they seem to stand for gets crazier and crazier with each passing day. And they're honestly running on some vehemontly pro-business stances that is generally against the good of the nation.

For example, the votes of 30 republicans on the Al Franken bill to protect victims of rape, assault, or other crime from the company they work for. The bill punishes companies that don't allow the victims of these crimes to take the company to court.
The bill was in respose to Haliberton stifling a victim when she cried 'foul' after being gang-raped by employees. 30 republicans stood up and tried their darndest to protect haliburton.

http://seminal.firedoglake.com/diary/8832

By the by, send your best regards to the following senators:
Alexander (R-TN) Barrasso (R-WY) Bond (R-MO) Brownback (R-KS) Bunning (R-KY) Burr (R-NC) Chambliss (R-GA) Coburn (R-OK) Cochran (R-MS) Corker (R-TN) Cornyn (R-TX) Crapo (R-ID) DeMint (R-SC) Ensign (R-NV) Enzi (R-WY) Graham (R-SC) Gregg (R-NH) Inhofe (R-OK) Isakson (R-GA) Johanns (R-NE) Kyl (R-AZ) McCain (R-AZ) McConnell (R-KY) Risch (R-ID) Roberts (R-KS) Sessions (R-AL) Shelby (R-AL) Thune (R-SD) Vitter (R-LA) Wicker (R-MS)

I'm just happy that one of them wasn't from indiana, otherwise, I'd be posting this from jail after personally punching him in the face.

Other fun things, I've been hearing that if they control the senate and/or house this november, not only will they continue their blanket opposition to everything, but they're going to attempt to repeal the wall street reform and healthcare reform bills ASAP.
That's because these things are apparently 'bailouts.' I think they're operating under the assumption that if you use the term 'bailout' - you'll hate whatever they hate.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2010/07...e-law.html
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/...pealed.php
http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010...et-reform/

Also, don't forget Rep. Barton's apology to BP for all the mean things the white house said and wants to do about them. They also don't seem to like the idea of wall street reform despite the fact they caused this mess because they severely de-regulated the industry in the Bush-era. It's a real face-palming sort of madness they've created.

Depending on where you look, it only gets crazier from there.
...and to think I was about to give you kudos for your original statement TheDarkestOfAngels. Oh well.
(July 28, 2010 at 9:52 pm)Dotard Wrote:
(July 28, 2010 at 8:28 pm)TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote: You forget, the real solution to that is to elminate minimum wage and other labor laws (if not all labor laws).

What?! Please elaborate.

There is no incentive for companies to hire illegal immigrants if people who stay in the country legally and illegally are paid equal wages. So either demand that illegal immigrants get the same wage, or eliminate labour laws and minimum wage and let the workers compete for the jobs.

It would stop the "They took our jobs" argument. No one took your jobs, they were just willing to do the work for less money than you did.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(July 29, 2010 at 4:16 am)leo-rcc Wrote:
(July 28, 2010 at 9:52 pm)Dotard Wrote:

What?! Please elaborate.

There is no incentive for companies to hire illegal immigrants if people who stay in the country legally and illegally are paid equal wages. So either demand that illegal immigrants get the same wage, or eliminate labour laws and minimum wage and let the workers compete for the jobs.

It would stop the "They took our jobs" argument. No one took your jobs, they were just willing to do the work for less money than you did.

Well that might lead to all kinds of corporate abuse, and corporations already abuse their employees as it is, without labour laws would be horrible and might lead to unsustainable environments for families

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pakistan: a bill to ban child marriage shot down at 1st hurdle for being 'un-Islamic' Fake Messiah 8 1495 January 23, 2016 at 4:09 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Ohio School Takes Down Jesus Portrait JesusHChrist 56 18330 April 5, 2013 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Ryantology