Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music caching for Android
Music caching for Android
Hello.

In a couple of days I'm moving from a shitty iPhone 4 to an Android phone and I wonder if there are any music caching apps like PlayTube.
I'm asking here since I haven't found any, been searching on google. halp pls
RE: Music caching for Android
can't you pirate the mp3's (or lossless) off the net like everyone else and just dump to the memory card?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...dapp&hl=en
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 6, 2016 at 6:46 am)ignoramus Wrote: can't you pirate the mp3's (or lossless) off the net like everyone else and just dump to the memory card?

Suuure, but is it safe on Androids? I have no clue, don't judge me, but aren't Androids more prone to viruses? Also it's just seems much easier to have a music cacher with a good, simple design, fast and easy caching, so I'd rather download a music caching app if there is one.
(May 6, 2016 at 6:47 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...dapp&hl=en

Ooo, thanks.
Welcome to the wonderful world of NOT-FUCKING-APPLE

You don't need to "cache" anything.  Just stop.  Don't follow links.  Don't download anything.  The correct procedure is:

1)  Plug Android device into Windows computer.
2)  Open the Android device and put your .mp3 files into the "Music" folder.
3)  Listen to your music

Important note: if you are attempting ANY other way of listening to music in 2016, please stop it.  You're living life wrong.

Just an aside:

The sooner you learn to follow the above advice, the better your life will be.
(May 6, 2016 at 6:47 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...dapp&hl=en

Proof that AF needs a thumbs-down option.  Why oh why would you try to teach an Apple user to use an Android device more like an Apple device-- when the point of moving to Android is to free yourself from all that synching, licensing, proprietary file-using bullshit?
He asked for a music caching app. I assume the man's an adult and knows what he wants.

I don't have any use for music caching, all my music is stored on my phone. I had no idea you couldn't do that on an iPhone. I haven't had one since the 1st gen.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 9, 2016 at 12:35 am)bennyboy Wrote: Welcome to the wonderful world of NOT-FUCKING-APPLE

You don't need to "cache" anything.  Just stop.  Don't follow links.  Don't download anything.  The correct procedure is:

1)  Plug Android device into Windows computer.
2)  Open the Android device and put your .mp3 files into the "Music" folder.
3)  Listen to your music using either the buit-in player or any of a million high-quality players available for free on the Google Play store.
4)  If you are attempting ANY other way of listening to music in 2016, please stop it.  You're living life wrong.

I have to strongly disagree with 4). I store mp3 files on my own personal media server, the client allows me to stream or cache them according to my needs. I can't store even a fraction of my music on my phone, but I can swap in and out whatever I feel like listening to without having to be on the same continent of my Windows computer.
(May 9, 2016 at 12:42 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I have to strongly disagree with 4).  I store mp3 files on my own personal media server, the client allows me to stream or cache them according to my needs.  I can't store even a fraction of my music on my phone, but I can swap in and out whatever I feel like listening to without having to be on the same continent of my Windows computer.

Heh. Maybe I misunderstood OP. Seeing the word "Apple" makes me instantly blood-raged. I thought it was an "I'm an Apple user, and I don't know what a file system is" posts.

My bad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why isn't Android more serious contender to Windows? Fake Messiah 8 887 June 20, 2019 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Question about Android rado84 17 1917 August 24, 2017 at 1:24 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Groove Music vs Windows media player paulpablo 1 1879 November 11, 2016 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Android bug fear in 900 million phones account_inactive 0 603 August 8, 2016 at 6:31 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  rooted my android to install modded spotify Marsellus Wallace 11 2491 April 10, 2016 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Anyone into Android programming? emjay 97 18213 September 20, 2015 at 6:50 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  My android app on google play ! Back up your contacts to Email WinterHold 6 2119 January 4, 2015 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Avoid android 5 update! zebo-the-fat 10 3824 December 4, 2014 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  Android tablets Jackalope 8 3690 September 21, 2012 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: Tino