Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary or Trump: Which of These is the Lesser of Two Evils?
Hillary or Trump: Which of These is the Lesser of Two Evils?
We’ve delineated the faults of Hillary. The evils of Trump are no mystery to us. But it appears that in November we’ll have to choose between Ms. Wikileaks and Hitler Incarnate. What will you do? Which of these is the lesser of two evils? Is it possible that the Independent candidate might have a chance?
1. Hillary = Bill
2. Trump = Newt Gingrich will be the second most powerful man in the world.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Hillary or Trump: Which of These is the Lesser of Two Evils?
Neither.  I'd implore americans not to vote -at all-, because as it stands people know that they only need to get their name in the hat and at least -one- of them is going to get the keys to the palace. I know, I know, people think that this election, our dissatisfaction with the process and the candidates.....will mean that the next one has more electable candidates (hey, maybe even a 3rd party - I have my moments with this too)...but that's probably just wish-thinking. This election will simply demonstrate that they could prop two corpses up on podiums and -one of them- would inexorably become the next president due in no small part to our desperation in electing the "lesser of two evils".

"Well, we have to vote for candidate a because she/he has -some- skin left and voting for the skeleton would make us seem like even greater fools". Yeah...I think that the fact we're voting for either pretty much settles the question of whether there's anything left to salvage in the decision.

The lesser of two evils isn't a justification for a vote, imo, simply the rationalization of a political hostage legitimizing their non-representative oligarchy.
(who wants to help me makes some buttons "Show your patriotism in 2016, Don't vote." "Election 2016 - Let My People Go"
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Not endorsing Trump, but I'm noting in regards to the seemingly largest outrage he's accrued so far, that if the current (and past) administrations have so poorly managed the agencies in charge of vetting the people crossing the border into the US and he wants a hiatus till that problem can be addressed, then who is really deserving of criticism ?

Trump for wanting to fix something or the folks that either broke, didn't upgrade, or mismanaged that system ??

Operating a system so poorly that it needs to be shut down, fixed and rebooted (shades of the looming DC Metro fiasco!) isn't the fault of the one noting it's broken and wants to fix it, it's the folks that set it up/ broke it/ didn't maintain it/ didn't upgrade it that need a kick in the butt.

As for 'fixing the economy', I also note the 'pubs claiming to be able to fix it better than the Obama administration are members of the same party as Bush 43 under who's watch the economy imploded and they are not mentioning that little sticking fact.  Unfortunately for the Dems, many of us are old enough to remember Bill Clinton's success in economic matters and we are wondering how come Obama didn't do better at fixing things.

And then the damn 'pubs again, how many times they need their noses rubbed in alienating voters with their conservative moral and social policies ??

And the dam dems again, before Obama's first midterm election debacle in the house and senate, why the fuck didn't he get more shit done ???

(I could go on in rant mode back and forth for a couple hours here, but I'll spare you)

Badger Badger Badger

(haven't used the dancing badgers for a while, they'd do as well as either candidate . . . . )

IOW, regression/progression to the mean.  It doesn't matter in regards to the dems or the pubs, we're going to have shit to bitch about, the progression of everything is going to continue to lurch repeatedly in random directions and it may not really matter much at all if it's a Trump or Hill admin, neither will have the control they think they do, and random shit will still occur to frustrate  any thing good or bad they might be formulating.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 13, 2016 at 8:10 am)Rhythm Wrote: Neither.  I'd implore americans not to vote -at all-, because as it stands people know that they only need to get their name in the hat and at least -one- of them is going to get the keys to the palace.  I know, I know, people think that this election, our dissatisfaction with the process and the candidates.....will mean that the next one has more electable candidates (hey, maybe even a 3rd party - I have my moments with this too)...but that's probably just wish-thinking.  This election will simply demonstrate that they could prop two corpses up on podiums and -one of them- would inexorably become the next president due in no small part to our desperation in electing the "lesser of two evils".

"Well, we have to vote for candidate a because she/he has -some- skin left and voting for the skeleton would make us seem like even greater fools".  Yeah...I think that the fact we're voting for either pretty much settles the question of whether there's anything left to salvage in the decision.

The lesser of two evils isn't a justification for a vote, imo, simply the rationalization of a political hostage legitimizing their non-representative oligarchy.  
(who wants to help me makes some buttons "Show your patriotism in 2016, Don't vote."  "Election 2016 - Let My People Go"
cafepresss.com for custom buttons
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
I say with extreme confidence that Hillary Clinton is the lesser of the two evils.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(May 13, 2016 at 9:49 am)TheRealJoeFish Wrote: I say with extreme confidence that Hillary Clinton is the lesser of the two evils.

I agree. However, the real action will be in the down-ticket congressional elections. Clinton winning will do us little good if it results in four more years of GOP obstruction and fuckery at every turn. So I say to all who are thinking of staying home on election day because you don't care for either Presidential choice, not voting in your state's congressional elections is a tacit endorsement of the status quo.
(May 13, 2016 at 8:10 am)Rhythm Wrote: Neither.  I'd implore americans not to vote -at all-, because as it stands people know that they only need to get their name in the hat and at least -one- of them is going to get the keys to the palace.

Not to vote at all is the highway for the most radical candidate to be elected. Not only in the States but all around the world. The radicals actually move their asses to the voting booths. The moderates, the less appealing the alternative is, rather stay at home.

That's why I still pinch my nose to cast a vote. Not because I like some candidate or party, but because I want to make sure I done my part in preventing what's even worse. I'm allowed to vote for 35 years now and never have I voted for someone or something. Always against the alternative, which I considered even less desirable.

That said, for the world, Trump would be the far worse president because he would run the US into the ground. Certainly economically, maybe violently by starting a GungHo war adventure which can only lead to disaster. There isn't even the mitigating factor of Shrub, since Trump already surrounded himself with a first class selection of idiots as so called advisors.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(May 13, 2016 at 10:10 am)Crossless1 Wrote:
(May 13, 2016 at 9:49 am)TheRealJoeFish Wrote: I say with extreme confidence that Hillary Clinton is the lesser of the two evils.

I agree. However, the real action will be in the down-ticket congressional elections. Clinton winning will do us little good if it results in four more years of GOP obstruction and fuckery at every turn. So I say to all who are thinking of staying home on election day because you don't care for either Presidential choice, not voting in your state's congressional elections is a tacit endorsement of the status quo.

and the flip side (one of many perhaps)

A Trump win coupled with dem landslides in both the house and senate making them able to overide vetoes.  Might be  a not too bad outcome.

Hillary stymied at every turn like Obama has been with pubs in the house and senate constipating everything isn't going to make me very happy.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Why even have a president, if the objective is to get around his every veto? In that situation it doesn't matter who you vote for as president. Hell you might even -want- to vote trump, as a dem, just because you know he has little to no support from his peers. Be a hell of a gamble.......but what's the alternative, again?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Hillary is the lesser of two evils compared with Trump. Any other questions?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2436 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  Which nonpolitician could be president? Fake Messiah 8 889 January 16, 2023 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Which language would be the best lingua franca? FlatAssembler 13 1031 March 5, 2022 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Big Two G2 USA and China Interaktive 19 1312 May 17, 2021 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Which Trump will be next on the ticket? Fake Messiah 13 810 January 22, 2021 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1064 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The Moral Obligation to Choose the Lesser Evil DeistPaladin 79 5731 September 25, 2020 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1650 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36916 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Two Old Pros - Doing Their Thing Minimalist 8 1047 November 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4