Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age of Marriage?
Age of Marriage?
This is sort of a "ladies only" thread. Gentleman, please post elsewhere. I suppose though if you do post.. just be polite/discrete okay? Like talk as if your gradnmother can read it.

Ladies, what age do you think is appropriate to marry? I know its really common to wait until your late 20s, early 30s to marry. When our grandmothers were alive, they tended to marry right out of high school at age 18.

They did school, became an adult and married. I did that myself. Im 35, married when I was 20 or so.

In my case, finding a good man by the time I was 20 made things less complicated. No heartbreaks, no bad relationships, or irresponsible decisions. I mean I became sort of an adult, or at least more of one after I became Mrs. Spokes.

I had to say goodbye to crazy drinking and partying. (Though I do drink and party on occassion Wink !)

Its sort of a crazy thing these days, how many of "us girls" choose to behave. It's like so many girls don't want to be married but act like the "wife" of tons of guys all through their 20s.

Our grannies would be shocked by it. So many girls who perform the marital act, but are old maids well into their 20s! Sorry if I offended anyone, I do not mean to.

What is the right "marriage age?" Are any girls here married?  Any looking for "Mr. Right?" And finally, are there those of us who gave up on finding a man, and have resigned yourselves to being a spinster or your nephew/niece's maiden aunt? Let's talk if that is the case, maybe I can give some advice!
RE: Age of Marriage?
I'm just posting here to make a point. I met my wife when she was 18 by the way, ( I was 22).

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Whenever the couple feels ready.
Age of marriage, starts when you become a legal adult, preferably independent, and continues until you find the Mr/Mrs. Perfect. It can be 18 or 80, doesn't really matter, the happiness is what counts.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I married at a very young age; Easily one of the worst mistakes of my life. 
Ruined any desire to remarry in the future.

Don't care about Jesus, so the idea of fornication means nothing to me. 
Sounds like loads of fun. 

I encourage it.
(May 22, 2016 at 3:57 pm)Thena323 Wrote: I married at a very young age; Easily one of the worst mistakes of my life. 

I encourage it.

With that attitude Miss, you'd have a ton of trouble fitting into my town. Young marriage is the norm there, and if you are openly and proudly promiscuous you'd have a bit of trouble finding a friend.

You could "exist" and sell yourselves to passers by... but you wouldn't be regarded as worthy of company or help.
(May 22, 2016 at 3:59 pm)Janice_Spokes Wrote:
(May 22, 2016 at 3:57 pm)Thena323 Wrote: I married at a very young age; Easily one of the worst mistakes of my life. 

I encourage it.

With that attitude Miss, you'd have a ton of trouble fitting into my town. Young marriage is the norm there, and if you are openly and proudly promiscuous you'd have a bit of trouble finding a friend.

You could "exist" and sell yourselves to passers by... but you wouldn't be regarded as worthy of company or help.

I'm not promiscuous, openly or otherwise, but I see nothing wrong with sex outside of marriage in and of itself.
It's a good thing I don't live in your shitty little town then, isn't it?
Anytime after you're an adult that it suits you and your partner to do so.

There is no "ideal" age to be married, it's a personal choice just like any other and varies depending on the individual. You hope they'll be mature enough to do well in marriage at whatever age but you never know until you try it. I know some people (females and males) who never should have married at any age.

Not my business to determine it for others.

And b-the-by, I doubt I will ever get married again but I sure hope to have plenty of sex. I love sex and I feel no obligation to be tied to someone legally just to have it. FTS!

***addition: I don't think this is a kids forum, so I'm sure we here are all women, not girls. Smile

(May 22, 2016 at 3:59 pm)Janice_Spokes Wrote:

I encourage it.

bwhahahahaha.... *grabs boots and a shovel, the condescension shit is deep in here* Cool
There's a particular type of theist that pops in here from time to time, expecting that heathens should give a crap about adhering to random tenets of a faith they don't subscribe to. I don't get it. 

Quit presenting shit ass-backwards. Make a half-hearted attempt to convince people why they should believe in the core principles of whatever bullshit you're peddling in the first place, before you start yammering about the do's and don'ts.

No one gives a f*ck about the rules of Fight Club, because as far as they know...there is no f*cking Fight Club.
Get it?
I think atheists should marry and begin having children as early as possible - 16 seems about right.

I think theists should be very sober and reflective, and not commit to marriage or procreation until their mid 70s.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two excellent reasons to OPPOSE gay marriage in the UK ideologue08 184 95175 June 8, 2013 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: ideologue08