Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
There's no "me" in TURTLE
There's no "me" in TURTLE
Can anyone answer why I'm me.....and not a turtle?

By what method of determination do you experience existence separate from turtle experience; more to the point, what determined both my and the turtle's particular experiences and could one have been shunt in place of another (by what alternate means could turtle have experienced existence through my perspective or vice versa)?

Why at the market or the zoo, why this morning...why not exist a thousand years from now or deep in the ocean?

Can this ever be coherently approached or determined materialistically/scientifically? Or, is the true question "why is there no turtle in me?"
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
RE: There's no "me" in TURTLE
That's not what I've heard.

I'm going with the tonylang quantum entanglement theory. You have/had turtle in you and you have/have been in turtle, you just don't know it consciously. The truth is it's probably been more than once. It may be continuous. Knowing this might be delightful or disturbing.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 25, 2016 at 8:22 pm)Losty Wrote: Can anyone answer why I'm me.....and not a turtle?

By what method of determination do you experience existence separate from turtle experience; more to the point, what determined both my and the turtle's particular experiences and could one have been shunt in place of another (by what alternate means could turtle have experienced existence through my perspective or vice versa)?

Why at the market or the zoo, why this morning...why not exist a thousand years from now or deep in the ocean?

Can this ever be coherently approached or determined materialistically/scientifically? Or, is the true question "why is there no turtle in me?"

Good question.

I await a good atheist answer. (Good luck with that.)
I am in you and we aren't separate. Big Grin
(May 25, 2016 at 8:22 pm)Losty Wrote: "why is there no turtle in me?"

Because of the Atlantic? Big Grin
I pacifically don't know what you're specifically talking about, Squishy.
Losty Wrote:Or, is the true question "why is there no turtle in me?"

Yes.
WHY OH WHY.
I'll make you purr.
(May 25, 2016 at 8:33 pm)quip Wrote:
(May 25, 2016 at 8:22 pm)Losty Wrote: Can anyone answer why I'm me.....and not a turtle?

Good question.

I await a good atheist answer. (Good luck with that.)

I think the alternative method for turtle to experience existence through my perspective involves a strap on. I'm not actually sure how turtle feels about that....
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well