Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
17 y/o YouTuber faces years in jail for insulting Islam and Christianity
17 y/o YouTuber faces years in jail for insulting Islam and Christianity
The YouTuber AmosYee is facing charges for speaking his mind in Singapore!  I've watched this guys channel go up 1,000 subscribers in a matter of ten min.  His channel is growing explosively and so is his message.  

AmosYees Channel

[youtube]qKZhtdZ5gp0[/youtube]

#FreeAmosYee
RE: 17 y/o YouTuber faces years in jail for insulting Islam and Christianity
Islam AND Christianity at the same time ??

WTF ?????????????

The charge itself is fucking 

BLASPHEMOUS !!!!!!

Jesus fucking Christ, didn't anybody go to a goddamn Religion 101 class ????

[Image: Nuclear_Facepalm.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Considering the authoritarian nature of Singapore's government, this should come as a surprise to no one.
That's Singapore for you. You can go to prison for spitting out a chewing gum there or at least pay a ridiculous fine. Certainly not one of my favorite places. I'm not sure, which system is actually worse. China or Singapore. Both praying to mammon whilst surpressing their population. In short, the worst of both weorlds.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Wow, people are dumb! Personally I don't like Dusty or this sort of over the top aggressive videos as I feel that hides the actual message, but I certainly would support their freedom of speech.

I wonder when these fanatics will realize they are using man-made laws to protect their imaginary friend who is supposed to be above all such laws.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

<sigh>

Quote:An infinite God ought to be able to protect himself, without going in partnership with State Legislatures. Certainly he ought not so to act that laws become necessary to keep him from being laughed at. No one thinks of protecting Shakespeare from ridicule, by the threat of fine and imprisonment.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll
This kid is an idiot. He already knew insulting religion is a crime in Singapore (not to mention insulting the government) - he was convicted of it once, then did it again. Listen stupid - you can only insult religion in a country that has religious freedom.

My sympathy meter is stuck on 0 for this kid.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 28, 2016 at 12:17 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: My sympathy meter is stuck on 0 for this kid.

Boru

On the same level as for Singapore itself. The capitalists wet dream but the enemy of human individualism and liberty. But I agree, if you know you're going to get into trouble for that, you're either an idiot to do it or some kind of misplaced statement, since all on your own, you won't change the law of the land.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Reminds me of the old joke about the US and the Soviet ambassadors having an argument:

'Look, Sergei, I have the legally guaranteed freedom to stand outside the White House and criticize the government of the US at the top of my voice.'

'Then we're not so different, James. I have the legally guaranteed freedom to stand outside of the Kremlin and criticize the government of the US at the top of my voice.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
There's an "In Soviet Russia..." joke in there someplace.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus and Mary, In Catholicism and Islam Ahriman 32 1792 August 25, 2021 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  Is Christianity Inherently Supportive Of Slavery And Misogyny? BrianSoddingBoru4 335 20241 August 23, 2021 at 5:21 am
Last Post: GUBU
  One cool thing about Christianity and Islam Edge92 55 3317 June 4, 2021 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  My take on Christianity - Judaism - Islam Mystic 32 6504 November 14, 2018 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  My decoversion and back to Islam. Mystic 34 4179 October 18, 2018 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  ISIS is to Islam as the KKK is to Christianity Foxaèr 94 15470 September 25, 2018 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  You can be an immorale person and still promote christianity Kimba 12 1762 June 30, 2018 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Was Christianity started to control the masses and dictate poltical agendas GODZILLA 126 21538 April 17, 2018 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why is Christianity and Islam so widely practiced? NuclearEnergy 12 2393 November 20, 2017 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Replacing Christianity with Islam Catholic_Lady 55 13131 September 11, 2017 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: rado84