Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As a writer
As a writer
I sometimes think I am merely entertaining the voices in my head.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: As a writer
Don't we all?

Writing fiction is in essence voicing the personas in our heads, I think.

(May 30, 2016 at 1:54 am)Maelstrom Wrote: I sometimes think I am merely entertaining the voices in my head.

I completely sympathize. While I have already published several strictly science-themed books, whenever I entertain the idea to dabble in fiction a bit, there's suddenly this nagging feeling that I'm merely daydreaming on paper (metaphorically speaking), because the "hard" sciency basis and justification is missing, and I'm merely entertaining my imagination. It takes quite a bit of confidence and courage to pull that off, spend real time on it and publish.
When I publish science stuff, I merely suffer from impostor syndrome, which is a bit different. I think both get better the more other people actually read it.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

We all entertain thoughts of heaven.
(May 30, 2016 at 4:57 am)carusmm Wrote: We all entertain thoughts of heaven.

Yes, I've actually considered writing a dystopian novel before.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I have a dream. - Martin Luther King

We all have a dream. (No criticism of King meant.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Writer's strike Fake Messiah 19 1857 September 27, 2023 at 7:50 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  "I Love Rock And Roll" co writer dies COVID-19 Brian37 3 435 March 30, 2020 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  An example of why interpretation of a writer's work is not a good idea. Foxaèr 0 361 June 28, 2018 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Since there is still no writer's section Foxaèr 13 1593 January 6, 2016 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Atheist song writer singer Shelley Segal Brian37 3 1668 April 15, 2013 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: Brayton.l