Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since there is still no writer's section
Since there is still no writer's section
I thought I would give you a first look at what I just recently wrote.

Chapter One

There is no need for a formal introduction that satisfies the outdated social construct.

I am immortal, nearly thirty-five hundred years old, and with all my experience, all of the knowledge I possess, even the power at my disposal, none of it stopped the apocalypse.

However, I did what I could. I saved as many people as possible for the survival of humanity is the sole means for my continued existence.

Forgive me, I have somewhat jumped ahead of the apocalypse.

I had created a new identity for myself, because being immortal meant that if I was to be a part of humanity I had to continually recreate myself. It was easy enough. I had the ability to shapeshift, among other things. I was a normal looking kid in a normal high school.

As much experience as I had had with teenagers over my long tenure of life, I still could not fit in properly. I had never had problems with people. They never recognized me, but they also never picked on me. I suppose I was lucky. I was bully free.

I walked from class to class. I learned a few things that I had not known from my previous stay at school a generation ago, but humanity's ability for gaining knowledge was slow. I dealt with it anyway. I figured society was better advanced through education, but I underestimated the power of religion.

One day while I was in an advanced calculus class, a girl approaced me and asked if I needed any help with my homework. I stated that I was fine. She was not a quiter, however, for she kept finding reasons to speak to me. It was obvious that she was enamored with me, and I was in no way interested for obvious reasons.

Before I had the chance to make a break from her, she pulled a move that was quite ingenious. She invited me to her church. One would think, as long as I have lived, that I would know better. That was not the case. She provided a logical reason why I should attend. I conceeded.

The one day I spent at church was when I was over a thousand years old. It was the first church built. I attended because I was curious, and what I learned was the proper indication that history lies After all, Jesus never existed. I existed when he supposedly did, and I had abilities that moved me around the world like crazy.

After all, I knew of what was to become America long before anyone discovered it.

I digress however. The apocolapyse happened. It was when I was in the church with the girl from school. Interestingly enough, apocalypse was not on their agenda. It speaks volumes of the church's true power of prophecy.

I did everything I could to save as many people as I could. I used an abiliy to find them and send them away from Earth. It was a good thing I acted as quickly as I did. I saved hundreds of thousands of people, as well as myself.

Here I am, in space, where I have been plenty of times. Everyone else on the space station is behaving to the point where I cannot deal with them. There is hysteria to the point where I have made my way to a less secluded area of the station for some privacy.

Social contact with other people is hard to handle when one has lived as long as I have. One does not endure for thousands of years only to endure more contact with other people. That is why old people who live normal lives become grumpy and less sociable. Only young people have the capacity to properly deal with socialization.

I am resting in my room, allowing others to create a semblence of order. They know nothing of me or what I have done for them, and I will not allow it to be otherwise. Their ignorance of the truth allows them to continue living normally.

Yes, I realize being transported from one location to another is the precise opposite of normal, but let them disern for themselves what happened. I will not be their savior in any sense of the word. I have never attempted to fill the role of my abilities, because the last thing humanity needs is an adversary.

I have seen the movies and read the comics. I will not become their personal superhuman who is that and an enemy, depending upon who is controlling the media. The headline could read, Super Villian tore us away from our homes. No thanks.

The fact that there had been no space station above Earth is supect enough. The news would then read that I am corrobrating with aliens for experimental tests to be made on humanity. No, it is best that they go about their lives as they wish with no information from me.

And that is why I am hiding in my room, a personal space I created for myself when I was saving everyone.

There is no way anyone will find my room. I made sure of that.

I stare out the window of my room and down at what used to be called Earth. The planet is toasted, literally. Nothing lives on it. The others will be devestated once they look at it after they are done arguing like silly humans. Nearly thirty-five hundred years of my life was spent down there. I am sad that Earth is gone. Though, I am old enough to know that change is inevitable.

What is sad for me is that I was unable to save my sister. She is, was, immortal like me. I have not felt her presence since I transported everyone up into space. I turn away from the window and stare around my room.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Since there is still no writer's section
An update for you:

The quarters are small for I do not require much space. There is no bed, not that one can even fit in here, for I do not sleep. I have no need for any material possessions due to the fact that one learns those are meaningless when compared to immortality.

The room is roughly the size of an apartment closet, which suits my needs just fine. I can stretch my arms to either side of me and touch all four walls without moving my feet in any direction for accomodation.

Just so long as there is enough space for me to comfortably fit into, I am fine, and techincally the room is bigger than it has to be. An upright coffin-sized room is more than adequqte for me.

When creating the station, I made certain that everyone else had plenty of space in which to live and socialize. Yet I also made certain that no single person had more living space than another single person. Of course, I had afforded couples and families more personal space than single individuals.

The station was created within seconds. I have a mind that works and processes much faster than any computer created by man. With my abilities which are clearly beyond human, I can do basically anything. Well, anything except save the Earth and most of the human population.

I tried. I am not a god, after all. There is no such thing.

The year is 2016, and what was formerly know as Earth has its first space station. I included everything needed in the station. The station is much smaller than Earth, and that should already be obvious by the fact that I could not save everyone from extinction. My mind and powers can perform miracles, but even I am limited by a castrophe that I did not forsee.
~ Erin Hunter
I am still working on chapter one, so you still get it for free:

I built the station to be self sufficient. I would bet my immortality on the station never having a problem and never failing. Past lovers would scoff at the things I had bet on in the past, but I was young and foolish then. One does not live for over three thousand years without having learned something.

There is a section of the station for growing food, even a section of the station for raising animals. Yes, I did save some animals. Why not? There are meat eaters who would go mad without their meat. I may have not eaten anything in a long time, but even I know meat is essential.

There are sections for entertainment, those of the alcohol persuasion as well as those of other persuasions such as movie watching. I did make certain to include a movie and music library to please just about anyone. There are sections for exercise, too, and even an area that caters to anything. That specific area is the only holographic area on the station.

There is a school for children. They are not getting a break just because the Earth is dead. I was not certain how many teachers I had rescued, so I made certain to incorporate a system whereby students could learn by way of artificial intelligence. However, I am willing to replace anything artificial for some genuine teacher who makes an approach.
~ Erin Hunter
End of chapter one:

Most importantly, there is a place for the artists. They are important too. A place to do their thing, whereby they are able to express without condemnation.

And so the station is complete. There are precisely 605,879 people on the station, out of the seven billion from Earth. That was all I could save. It is certainly sad. I cannot dwell on that. I need to move on, so that I can save what we have left.
~ Erin Hunter
That was so good, I wish I'd read it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I should care why that you didn't read it?
~ Erin Hunter
I should care that you wrote it?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
You shouldn't.
~ Erin Hunter
Is stream of consciousness generally your preferred style of writing?
I don't understand.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Writer's strike Fake Messiah 19 1857 September 27, 2023 at 7:50 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Still Alive and kicking decades later. Brian37 7 673 July 15, 2020 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  "I Love Rock And Roll" co writer dies COVID-19 Brian37 3 435 March 30, 2020 at 6:53 pm
  A new poetry section was added to my site. WinterHold 24 1856 January 22, 2020 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  An example of why interpretation of a writer's work is not a good idea. Foxaèr 0 362 June 28, 2018 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  "Logan" is the first Marvel movie I'm interested in seeing since the first Avengers Aegon 30 4637 March 19, 2017 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Jesster
  As a writer Foxaèr 5 670 May 30, 2016 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: carusmm
  Still no official writing thread. Foxaèr 3 1093 January 25, 2016 at 4:54 am
  Atheist song writer singer Shelley Segal Brian37 3 1668 April 15, 2013 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: Brayton.l