Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Atheist
New Atheist
hi
my name is Alex and am a new Atheist 
i was born female ...into a Catholic family i was christened as a baby ...i hate the Catholic church  because i was abused by a priest and i was abused by family friends who where Catholic , when i was 15 we moved , my sister and my husband knows about it  no one else and i never reported it  i was too scared to at the time and now years later the priest that abused me is dead  the other people involved are old or died 

when i was 18 i started to look in to paganism even got a tattoo of a pentagram on wrist witch i now regret getting i have other tattoos as well 
then for years i went to other faiths back and forth then back to Christianity and i started to wake the fuck up seeing that there is no god  if there was a god he wouldnt let shit like what happened in Orlando , Abuse and murder starvation etc they say that its the devil and sin that makes theses bad thing happen 
WHAT A LOAD OF SHITE  
i am transgender / gender queer and am married to a man who is also an atheist ( he never believed  in god at all from a young age )
I have mental health problems Depression , OCD and Schizophrenia , GAD ,
My mental health can be so bad that i become a danger to myself and others and for that reason and my GAD  i cant go out the house on my own so my husband has to come with me everywhere  i cant work and my husband is my full time carer 
i want to work but am too ill to 

so thats me  Thanks
Heart
RE: New Atheist
Welcome, and well done! I am really sorry to hear about your troubles, but I am also glad that you have a loving partner to help you. I hope you'll find a comfortable second home in this forum.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Very sorry to hear about your past abuse by those sick people. But it's always nice to see people break free from the shackles that is religion.
What a sad story, it's horrible that those people could do that to you Sad

Well done for fighting your way out. I'm sorry to hear of your mental health problems also Sad I've been struggling with depression for much of my life, so I have an idea how you feel. I'm glad you have a loving husband taking care of you Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(June 13, 2016 at 8:21 am)DarkAsylum Wrote: I have mental health problems Depression , OCD and Schizophrenia , GAD ,
My mental health can be so bad that i become a danger to myself and others and for that reason and my GAD  i cant go out the house on my own so my husband has to come with me everywhere  i cant work and my husband is my full time carer 
i want to work but am too ill to 

so thats me  Thanks

Sorry to hear about your mental health problems too.

Group Hug
Welcome! You're a strong person, I'm sorry that you had to go through that shit.
Thanks  thank you everyone for replying to me and for what you have said 
hugs are nice too  Heart
Heart
Welcome.

Sad that you have had to go through crap with ignorant people.
Dying to live, living to die.
I'm sorry to hear what you went through DA. Welcome I hope you like it here.

I love hugs too.
Hey again Alex!
My husband got a tattoo of a cross on his shoulder before he came over to the dark side with me  Diablo He got some work done to it though and it looks kinda badass now.

It's pretty sad when the people in your life who are supposed to be wise and offer you protection turn out to be exactly the opposite--foolish, selfish predators who devote their every last resource to wriggle out of ever taking responsibility for their actions. I'm sorry to hear about what you went through in your church.

But I'm glad you've got a supporting husband. My husband and I both struggle with depression, and having each other for support has been great for us.

Thank you for sharing with us!
A Gemma is forever.