Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Wish remake
Death Wish remake
So they're planning to reboot "Death Wish" with Eli Roth directing it. And you know in their terms it's a no brainier since it was an enduring franchise blah blah.

It is a fun movie (DH1 that is) and it did make some brave points like that there are a lot of criminals outside that the streets are unsafe. Now what it really missed the point is in portraying "bad guys". Criminals and gangs are simply portrayed as wicked people that simply love to wear filthy clothes and molest other people for no reason other that they are bad, but in reality gang members, criminals are people that society has given up on. Certainly it's not as bad as in some countries like India or Africa, where there are people that are literally born on garbage dumps and never have any opportunities at education or anything else. In US, where DH takes part, people do have some education in overcrowded schools where everything just flies fast, so if they want to make DH remake they should better make it with character that accomplishes better education of people, better opportunity for jobs, rather then just killing that which probably won't be the case considering that Eli Roth will be making it.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quantum Leap gets remake Foxaèr 4 738 September 21, 2022 at 6:26 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Name me an artist you wish you'd never heard of. onlinebiker 21 1911 May 1, 2020 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  I wish I understood the plot of Wuthering Heights Brian37 7 761 April 17, 2020 at 7:08 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The brain has an amazing natural capabilty and I wish to share it Transcended Dimensions 3 401 February 14, 2018 at 10:27 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  TV show Monkey gets remake! ManMachine 4 3320 January 21, 2015 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: ManMachine