Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV show Monkey gets remake!
TV show Monkey gets remake!
For those of you who remember the TV show Monkey!

[Image: monkey-tv-620x349.jpg]

The show has been revived and there is a new version currently in production!

[Image: 000d60aab2a60a78fc1f5a.jpg]

Will it be any good? Who knows, we wait with baited breath.

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
RE: TV show Monkey gets remake!
Noooooooooooooooo!

Don't mess with perfection!!

Masaaki Sakai is the only true Monkey!!!

Plus of course the gorgeous Masako Natsume as "three baskets" Tripitaka, bringing sexual confusion to many a redblooded growing lad.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Born out of an egg on a mountain top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2huJqFsFDE

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(January 21, 2015 at 2:36 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Born out of an egg on a mountain top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2huJqFsFDE

Oh god, it makes me so happy every time I hear that opening. Tongue

As to remaking monkey, they did that a while back, made a movie of it using the Monkey Magic name and everything. It sucked.

And remakes of the original Journey to the West story are a dime a dozen, so it's not as though they're messing with perfection, but rather that perfection has already been messed with a bunch of times.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(January 21, 2015 at 11:06 am)Stimbo Wrote: Plus of course the gorgeous Masako Natsume as "three baskets" Tripitaka, bringing sexual confusion to many a redblooded growing lad.

It was confusing that's so true, it's such a shame she died so young.

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quantum Leap gets remake Foxaèr 4 738 September 21, 2022 at 6:26 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  "Undercover Boss" TV show. Brian37 13 619 June 20, 2021 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do you have a favorite HGTV show? Foxaèr 1 271 July 29, 2020 at 10:42 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Stupidest show airing on television? Foxaèr 31 1703 July 22, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Dog v Cats, a cable show......... Brian37 9 791 May 17, 2020 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Dear Hunter, another cop show. Brian37 35 2806 February 6, 2020 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  I loved the show MASH... BUT.... Brian37 61 4123 May 4, 2019 at 6:29 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  TV show "Hunter" and Tv show "MASH" Brian37 11 1013 April 20, 2019 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  New Trek show... The Valkyrie 100 9140 August 13, 2018 at 8:27 am
Last Post: Mystic
  CBS to make show about black atheist.... Brian37 1 320 July 20, 2018 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr